Gun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been into airsoft for a while now and I have a number of AEGs most of which are in the Armalite family, but until now I've always bought guns that came with a metal body, or had a metal body installed when I purchased the gun. I want to put a metal body on my newest gun (TM M16A2) but I'm a little apprehensive since I'd have to put a new hop up system in and I'v never messed with that before. Anyone have any advice as to whether I should just send my gun out to Airsoft Extreme and have them do it and not have to worry about messing something up or whether I should chance it and try to do it myself?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Hmmm.. I know Guarder makes 2 different SR-15 Match bodies (1 says Match and the other says M5). I've only seen SR-16 bodies come out of Hurricane and there's no SR-15 body listed on their website today (They may have made 1 in the past though).

If it's the Guarder here's install instructs.

http://www.intrudershop.com/mmc/images/AR-32(B)/AR-32(B)A4_L.jpg

Are you gonna also replace the foregrip with the GB Tech/VFC SR-15 Match conversion?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ORCA said:
Hmmm.. I know Guarder makes 2 different SR-15 Match bodies (1 says Match and the other says M5). I've only seen SR-16 bodies come out of Hurricane and there's no SR-15 body listed on their website today (They may have made 1 in the past though).

If it's the Guarder here's install instructs.

http://www.intrudershop.com/mmc/images/AR-32(B)/AR-32(B)A4_L.jpg

Are you gonna also replace the foregrip with the GB Tech/VFC SR-15 Match conversion?
You're right it is a Guarder metal body. and I probably will do the SR15 conversion too eventually.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I know for a fact that I can take down and reassemble an M4 gearbox, albeit with much profanity, but the hop up just doesn't seem all that appealing to me thanks to all the incredibly small looking pieces. I have problems with small peices, they just don't cooperate with my hands for some reason. So that issue aside, are there any metal bodies for the M16 series that have a slightly less hasslesome hopup installation process?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I just asked AEX to open/check a Guarder metal body kit for you. It comes with a prebuilt hopup. BUT it's an all plastic hopup unit and MC the guru sez:

AEX said:
plastic does not have the proper compression as the metal ones and your velocity suffers. I forgot the Guarder ones are plastic. Systema, Hurricane, G&G and CA are metal
That negates my last post about Guarder MBK's being similar to Systema. So it is a straight inner barrel swap out, but plastic hopup.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip. That takes a lot of the guess work out of it for me. Guarder metal body here I come.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts