Gun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, the CC that caught my eye was a 9mm Taurus and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.
The image below is a G2c similar to the one I'm aiming for next month. but I was wondering if there may have been a better option or if this or if it's just perfect, and also if anyone uses this particular SD gun often?
Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Recreation

Planning to put my current M685 to work around the house because I don't trust carrying it out there. Although I do believe a revolver is safer than a pistol by far, my Rossi was beaten up long before I got it at the show 6-8 years ago, and it's been over cleaned from pocket debris, does rust, and has had some known hiccups from a stuck release pin that I was lucky enough to have had bullets in the chambers when the jam took place, otherwise it would not still be usable. Also, 9mm is easier to collect than 38sp.

I also heard that the Taurus is +p capable, if this is true could someone explain the usage of the 9mm +p's?

· Registered
47 Posts
I have a Taurus revolver which has broken on me, and I am going to have to change some springs.

If I were you, I would look at some S&W and Rugers. They are considered to be better guns.

A +P 9mm has more powder in the shell, it’s only a couple of grains more, but it really makes a difference. And it will increase the stopping rate of the round. Ones like Cor Bon, are really effective.

PS: you wrote simi when it should be semi. A semi-auto fires one round at a time, then chambers a new round.

PSS: I would personally get a bigger sized gun, that one is too small.

· Administrator
142 Posts
I gotta say - friends don't let friends buy Taurus.

I'd look at an M&P Shield. They are selling the single stacks cheap because the new double stack Shield Plus came out. But, they also lowered the price of the Shield Plus to $399.

I'd get something besides a Taurus, if I were you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts