Gun Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the advice. The only reason I'm going to buy the Mossberg is so that the range will let me shoot on my own using their handguns. Then once I get a feeling for what handgun I like I'll buy one.

The Mossberg is just my ticket to renting guns solo...and home protection. I heard that the noise of a pump-action is enough to make the bad guys leave quickly.

When it comes to handguns I have no clue which will suit me best, I like the idea of a glock, I read that they are very indestructible and have fewer moving parts etc but until I shoot a wide selection of makes and models I don't know what will suit me best.

First I need a good safe.

·
2,829 Posts
Nose Nuggets said:
There is a Naval air base here and they did park a lot of nuclear relates wessels (powered or ordinance carrying). the base is not in use anymore, they shoot lots of movies there now (matrix). and its where we all go to screw around in/on our car/bikes/atv's. the only thing that sucks is it was one of the bases where they used those radioactive disks to light up the runways for night landings... and when the realized they weren't so great the just buried em instead of properly disposing of them. but apart from that its bad ass. the Naval base that is, alameda as a whole is just a nice quiet town.
Sorry... I saw Star Trek IV the other day, where Checkov keeps asking everybody where to find de nuclear wessels. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just got back from my basic handgun training..I was doing really well with the .22 plinker, all 50 shots nearly in the center. I decided to upgrade a little and went for a .40 Glock 22, Jesus what a difference in recoil and noise. The shots weren't nearly as closely grouped.

I'm not sure what hurt my wrists more, the recoil of the .40 or the effort it takes to get rounds 9 and 10 into the magazine.

It was funny watching the 3 groups in front of me being told they couldn't shoot because they couldn't demonstrate how to use a Glock, didn't know how the slide lock worked etc.

San Fran is a lot more strict than when I shot an MP5 in New Hampshire, they just gave me the machine gun and bullets and said "have fun"...crazy.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Glen, baby... If you're ever in the Milpitas area and want to shoot some real steel, let me know (a little in advance) and I'll be glad to go shoot with you!

·
Registered
339 Posts
brucelee said:
Glen, baby... If you're ever in the Milpitas area and want to shoot some real steel, let me know (a little in advance) and I'll be glad to go shoot with you!
Count me in as well ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
brucelee said:
Thanks Daniel. Love the site BTW, lots of great info :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts