Gun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my brand new KWA Glock 18C finally got here from AirsoftGI today. Fully upgraded, metal slide, recoil spring, highflow valve, all that good stuff. So naturally, as soon as I ripped the box open, I filled it with Green gas and the included BBs. Emptied the mag in no time on full auto. Naturally, I thought "That was fun, I should do that again!". So, I filled it with more of the included BBs, cocked it, pulled the trigger (still full auto), it got 2 shots out, then just stopped. So I thought "Must've jammed, stupid cheap BBs!!!" I pulled the mag out, (had a little trouble with that, didn't think anything of it though) tried to pull the slide back, but it will only move back about a quarter of an inch. Pull the tabs down to disassemble it, and the slide goes forward about an inch or so. Did I break it already? What do I do to fix it? I need it this weekend for a game, too. :(

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
need more defined info. Can you post pics?

You can try pushing down on the outer barel from where it's exposed on the ejection port while pulling the slide back. You will notice the paint wearing out there very soon. This happens quite often on 18c with metal slide and outer barrel. Because the outer barrel floats and depending on how much/little pressure is on the slide as it returns can possible lock up there.

See those scratches? that's where the outer barell catches. If it has some play then your good. if it feels stuck then thats your prob.

Only other advice I got is call Walter, the kid whos owns of AirsoftGI and say WTF? Since he's the one you bought from he should really be helping you sort out the prob.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the moment, I'm just going to take it to the local store and see what they can do... Hopefully, they can fix it for free for me. ;)

If they can't fix it, I'll post up a few pics, see what we can do. Any specific pics you want?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As it is, it doesn't move at all, but if I pull the slide back, it does move down a little. I think the problem is somewhere with the trigger/cocking mechanisim. When I pull the slide back, the trigger moves forward, is it supposed to?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha! I fixed it! I took it to the local shop, they looked at it and said they thought it might be the recoil spring, and that I should try to return it. When I got home, I thought "Well, the recoil spring just kinda hangs in there, maybe it's just stuck a little..." So I dropped the slide forward, pulled the recoil spring/guide rod down a little, and now it works fine. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts