Gun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading Janq's post on knife penetration, I was thinking of how many people I know who carry dirty, dull, cheap knives. My knives are always wiped clean after cutting anything that will leave a residue on the blade. This residue, even oils from your hand, will eventually stain and corrode the blade's finish. Also, I sharpen my knives frequently. It's easier to keep a sharp knife sharp; it also reduces the amount of blade material removed to get a razor sharp edge. Invest in a knife sharpening kit. For $30-50 bucks you will be able to maintain a great edge on every knife you own.

http://users.ameritech.net/knives/index.htm
http://knifeforums.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah tru that but still gotta invest in a good quality knife lol a bad lesson i learned the hard way is u know in those azn stores where they have crap loads of swords on display on the rack counters and every where for bout 20-40 buxs a pop lol dun get those they must use the crappiest stainless steel because if the blade ur investing in is not good your knife will rust. the only blade material id recomend sides the usual stainless is carbon and mebbe titanuim tho both are iffy. carbon steel will rust if you dont use it and if you dont use it u gotta wipe it down wit oil every now and then and titanuim is often iffy cuz you see ppl using it for handles and not the blades why? cuz its sooooo friggen hard to sharpen! ugh that crap is tough tho if u can get it to work you got ur self a fine blade personal favorite is carbon steel tho. the best care for a knife is usally constant use and a lil oil on teh layers.... yep that sword i bought..... rusting away lol tho wax is not a bad idea if you dont mind not being able to see the finish and it does come off later.......

·
Registered
80 Posts
i do the same thing...clean it everyday,sharpen it every weekend..i use it for about everything for cutting to shaving.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I wipe my knife down every night before putting away, and I have a handy little Smith sharpener that has carbide and ceramic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts