Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BATFE just cashed my tax stamp check for my Super Shorty. The wait is almost over.

We have debated the stopping power of such a short barrel and I offered to settle the debate with facts first hand.

I have been talking to the guy who made this:


He had these results with 00 buck at 15 yards:


I don't think penetration is going to be a problem. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
getting excited - ordered up 250 rounds of 00 buck

need to call and find out where in desert its still legal to shoot stuff

i am sure we are going to have to drive at least an hour out of town:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
I'm heading west for the week so you can use my house. It's a bit cold and windy so just turn up the heat, open a window and fire away. Just pick up the empties when your're done, they're hard on sweepers and barefeet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Jeremy said:
I'm heading west for the week so you can use my house. It's a bit cold and windy so just turn up the heat, open a window and fire away. Just pick up the empties when your're done, they're hard on sweepers and barefeet.

ahahahahaha


reminds me of my childhood - my dads father got divorced and built a log cabin on the side of a mountain

we used to visit him every other year - i was 10 and was awoken by the sound of gunfire at 5am!

my grandfather opened up the window grabbed the .306 off the fireplace mantel and shot a 10 point buck that was about 30-40 yards from the cabin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
MrMcCrackin said:
getting excited - ordered up 250 rounds of 00 buck

need to call and find out where in desert its still legal to shoot stuff

i am sure we are going to have to drive at least an hour out of town:lol:

thats a cool gun man...

since its def. a scatter gun you should buy -- sellor and bellot --2 3/4 12 pellet 00 LE buckshot. It gets the best spread for me, and its pretty cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mndfusion said:
thats a cool gun man...

since its def. a scatter gun you should buy -- sellor and bellot --2 3/4 12 pellet 00 LE buckshot. It gets the best spread for me, and its pretty cheap.
This is what we decided was the best for us:
"Federal tactical 00 buckshot law enforcement high energy-low recoil"

The flight wad helps to keep the spread small, which is a big concern in a home defense application. The low recoil will help keep the 7" barreled 12 gauge under control and helps if the wifey is shouldering the big gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
DaButtKraken said:
This is what we decided was the best for us:
"Federal tactical 00 buckshot law enforcement high energy-low recoil"

The flight wad helps to keep the spread small, which is a big concern in a home defense application. The low recoil will help keep the 7" barreled 12 gauge under control and helps if the wifey is shouldering the big gun.

If you want a tight pattern then buffered magnum loads r what you should be using. But that may hurt your hands a little. Any buffered load though is best for shooting tight...its the best!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Mndfusion said:
If you want a tight pattern then buffered magnum loads r what you should be using. But that may hurt your hands a little. Any buffered load though is best for shooting tight...its the best!
If you want tight I'll give you tight lol:twisted:

With any #00 Lead

Step 1: carefully open crimp and remove pellets

Step 2: with 3/32" or 1/8" bit drill through each pellet

Step 3: run a piece of 12-14 gauge wire through each pellet

Step 4 on 1 end fold the wire and crimp with pliers to hold the pellets

Step 5: squeeze the pellets into a shape that will fit back into the shell
be carefull not to drop the pellets since 1 end of wire is open.

Step 6: Now you have the shape, cut and close the open end of wire.

Step 7: Insert pellets into shell and re seal shell.

Step 8: load and fire.

Make a few of these and shoot at something you want to put a big hole in lol If you shoot at paper/ cardboard or wood, comething that won't deform you can see some really neat patterns. O's, J's L's I's lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Jeremy said:
If you want tight I'll give you tight lol:twisted:

With any #00 Lead

Step 1: carefully open crimp and remove pellets

Step 2: with 3/32" or 1/8" bit drill through each pellet

Step 3: run a piece of 12-14 gauge wire through each pellet

Step 4 on 1 end fold the wire and crimp with pliers to hold the pellets

Step 5: squeeze the pellets into a shape that will fit back into the shell
be carefull not to drop the pellets since 1 end of wire is open.

Step 6: Now you have the shape, cut and close the open end of wire.

Step 7: Insert pellets into shell and re seal shell.

Step 8: load and fire.

Make a few of these and shoot at something you want to put a big hole in lol If you shoot at paper/ cardboard or wood, comething that won't deform you can see some really neat patterns. O's, J's L's I's lol



:lol: u have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on ur hands!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Jeremy said:
I've heard that before lol But it's time well spent don't you think?
maybe - where did you get that idea from anyway?

sounds alot like shooting a chain out of a shotgun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
A buddy was going deer hunting in a buckshot only area severl years ago and wasn't impressed with buck patterns. Time and boredom led me to this what if and the what if worked pretty damn good.

You can also replace the buck with muzzleloader round balls available in .31,.32,.36, 40, 44, 45, 50. cal and you can put multiple balls in a 12ga hull
 

·
Fanatical Feline
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
I have loaded some shotgun shells with airsoft BB's VERY impressive what they do...

Anyone want to go play airsoft with me? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
ok - went to the range today - took little mccrackin with me

he did really really well with my sig .40 s&w!

the first round got away from him, still on the paper but not on the target

after that the rest of his placements were all in the center mass square at 15 yrds!!

we need to work on his groupings but i was still impressed


though he didnt want anything to do with the 12g 870 - LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Form4 is back. I just need to make the time to go pick it up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
DaButtKraken said:
My Form4 is back. I just need to make the time to go pick it up!


meanin you get to go to the Renaissance festival and pick up your new baby?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
lets see pics already damn it!


i so wish i could have road out there with you today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mmmmm I am fondling it right now. It fits perfectly in the little coffin case.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top