Gun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was at an airsoft event this past sunday at an indoor arena playing with some friends and such... I have an AK-47 that is hopped up to 400fps VIA spring and bushings... I've taken this gun to hell and back... Probably have fired over 15k rounds through it easily without any kind of maint... In middle of the game the gun started acting up where when I'd pull the trigger, NOTHING would happen... like it didn't have a battery in it, which leads me to believe its a wire that is loose or something... What's weird is like 50% of the time it will fire... I just keep pulling the trigger till it eventually fires again.

This happen to anyone else? What can be done to rememdy this? Should I take it into AEX since thats where I got it from and maybe get a new spring and bushings since mine are old and worn out... the AK only chronos @ 365fps now. :(

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you take it to AEX (Or know how to work with a gearbox yourself, which I don't), have the selector plate checked... If I remember correctly, that's what was wrong with my G36C, and your problem sounds similar.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
You to!? My G-36C has been in the shop for a month now getting the selector plate replaced because of the exact trouble that bruce is haveing, I guess its common on those.

At the store I work at we closed the airsoft CQB range today and I got my pick of the renter guns. I got a two week old UTG MP5 with two stocks, box, battery, charger and some strange sling I cant figure out... for? 25 bucks :) Works great, hardly even used. I know there cheap, we sell them new for $109 but... $25 bucks? you cant beat that with anything.

And no, there are no more left...

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yup take it to the store. See if you can get it in soon cuz our mutual pal will be taking off on a trip soon. Tell me when your stuff is in shop and i'll bug the other owner to look at it for ya.

Yeah seeing that an AK and G36 use the same Version 3 gearbox. The probs could be the same... or different... You really won't know for sure until the gearbox is open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts