Gun Forums banner

Internal Laser... Good or bad?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  fatcat 
#1 ·
A guy at the range told me that replacing the OE parts will cause failure..

You have to replace the guide rod for glocks in order to achive this.

Anyone have any experiece?

#3 ·
I have read a few times they they can cause the weapon to fail, Im not sure why because it should be the same as it was before. I know people dont like replaceing the parts fitted and made for that weapon with an aftermerket part.

Also there expensive and a pain to turn on on some guns, the switch is way to small.

I got a pair of the Crimson Trace Laser grips on the S&W .357MAG and they are awesome! (A bit pricey) They do take a fair amount of time untill there worn down to were they dont move and stay on target, but after that they stay there. They dont make any for glocks but they do for 1911's
I like lasers on anything, Got one on my M4A1, 357 and two of my shotguns.

#4 ·
The LaserMax replaces the guide rod, recoil spring, and slide lock (takedown catch). I have seen minor problems, but for the most part, it should be as reliable as stock. The problems resulted from poor installation.

In my academy class, we were doing dry-gun holster drills in the parking log. One of the guys had a LM in his G22. He drew his gun and his slide flew off, clanging across the parking lot. :shock: :shock: :shock:

He had apparently installed the slide lock backwards, so the little "spur" was facing the wrong way and not retaining the slide assembly. Don't do this and you should be OK.

www.lasermax.com

#10 ·
Awhile back I was at a range and a guy had one of the internal laser setups....
he ended up getting pretty pissed at it for how much it cost and he claimed it was way off.
He had just installed it and was shooting at maybe 15 feet to try it out and was off by a few inches each shot.

Was it the laser or him? i don't know.

But he wasn't all that happy and indicated it was going to be sent back.

personally i'd think you'd want to bench rest it or something to see how accurate it is vs. just hand hold for the first 10 shots...
(well, maybe I'm just not as accurate/steady as the rest of y'all)

that's my $0.02

(so yeah, no personal experience on them)

#11 · (Edited)
brucelee said:
Thinking about getting some for the 27... How much is involved in the install? How much do they normally run (the install)?

You can install them yourself if you know any basics about anything Just push out the rear pin that holds the trigger parts in, push on the grips and push in the new pin they give you, they are fully adjustable as well. I think we install them for 6 bucks but I don't charge most people when I do it myself.. If people only knew how easy it was they would never have us do it.

Do make sure you get the right one, they make one for the old ones without finger grips and the newer gen with finger grips so theres two styles. I think it says "Modelname/numberFG" FG for Finger grips.

With the internal on glocks you replace the whole guide rod the the take down button on the side's and the spring that holds it on. There nifty but you cant adjust them at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.