Gun Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..but I don't care!

I've just recently ordered 2 KSC Glocks (17&19) and have yet to receive them. As much as I'm looking forward to obtaining those baddies I plan on making my first trip to AEX this weekend, since I have three days off in a row. I will most likely be buying a fourth GBB, but who knows, I may come home with my first real AEG (as opposed to my one AEG, a TSDSports MP5, which is crap).

I really just want to speak to someone knowledgable in Airsoft face to face, since the last time I did that was about 8 years ago in Japan, and well, there was a bit of a language barrier and I was young.

So my question is, for people that are familiar with AEX and what they carry, what GBB would you recommend? I'm really open to anything and my budget is going to be around $300.

Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
hehe which AEX store you heading to?

Test fire any of the pre SCW3, Western Arms GBB's while you're at the shop. A couple of examples I listed below. They are a little pricey, but fire them first and you'll see/feel/hear just why they are the upper end of GBB's.

WA SCW MEU early model

WA SCW MarSoc HW (BK)

AEG wise, test fire to your hearts content. If this is your first AEG go Tokyo Marui for dependability and the wealth of 3rd party upgrade parts. Less headaches, more time for you to fire it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks as always for the quick and informative reply Orca.

I had already made a mental note to be sure to inquire about pre-SCW3 WA's after your thread concerning the new models.

Those are both very nice and very much in my price range.

I plan on heading to the store in Torrance since I believe it is the closest location to Los Angeles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
nice choice of chinamen...and ORCA since i'm my teams gunner(trigger happy :p )do u have any advice on what kind of gun i should i get.open for any suggestions . but cheap(250-400).

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Hmmm well there's many AEG's you can simply add a box mag too and. Of course I'd suggest a Tokyo Marui since 99.9% of all after markets magazines are built for them.. So really you only need to look for something that has a box mag made for it and can take a large battery for sustained fire.

Decent box mags will run you about $100. so you'll be easily under $400 with a stock TM AEG. Theres' really no reason for you to upgrade the FPS since an airsoft support gunner is the team bb hose.

·
Registered
62 Posts
what about a thompson(moo hahahahahahaha ha)no box,but 420 rd hi-cap,or an ak or m16 those are my choices.need help.advice would do.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
LOL that's why i sated find an AEG with a boxmag already made.

AK has the more solid/reliable version 3 gearbox. You can get an RPK style kit with drum mag/bipod to fit it out. But the 2 latest TM M4s (M4 S-system and the M4 new version) have made improvments and should be a reliable platform as well now.

HKG36 line is also based on the version 3 gearbox. and the P90 with the even more advacned version 6 gearbox has a box mag kit.

Here's some of my Mini SAW examples:

G3SAS w/Hero Arms C-Mag

G36c w First Factory 5000 round box mag

M4 S-System w Dentrinity C-Mag

And.. the proper "Support" weapon ;P

I think just adding a box/drum mag to yrou current AEG is the best solution/most versatile though. After you play the support gunner role a few times, where everyone hears you coming because you boxmag rattle like maracas, it's nice to just use low/mid caps and have some element of suprise.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i like my g36k to much the way it looks currently , i've got the cash so i'm gettin a CA MK1 w/ the folding stock and box mag .mooohahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha.....................ha.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
yeah i had ergonomic probs with the CA249 Box Mag. Just wasn't comfortable and the on/off switch suxx0r3d. Maybe also due to the fact I have the shorter para.

the other thing to be wary of on CA249's is...

Airsoft Extreme said:
Note: Since the CA M249 gearbox uses robust and friction-reducing 8mm bearing bushings, using an 8.4V large battery is recommended. Extremely high rates of fire provided by higher voltage batteries may strip the piston (this caution applies to all CA M249’s)
Other then that the G&P rail was easy to install (TOP lower rails require some extensive cutting to install) and functions correctly.

My First Factory box mag for the G36 is manual winding. There's room to add a serv motor adn battery if you want though. That sucker carries 5000 rounds in 2 2500 round compartments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts