Gun Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't wait until January, when I will (assuming all goes well) be ordering my newest (and most likely last) gun purchase. According to FedEx, my order for all the accessories I wanted/needed should arrive tomorrow... Anyone want to guess what the gun is based on the accessories? (I can post pictures!) :lol:

(It's hard to restrain yourself when you have two and a half hours of absoloutely nothing to do...)

Now, to say something that makes this post have a purpose other than the above...

I'm looking to get at least a 9.6V, probably a 10.4V battery for this gun, and RedWolf (where I'm ordering everything else) doesn't have crap for batteries. I'm looking to get a 10.4V 3300Mah (or higher) Large type battery... Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price? I'm thinking I may just have to go down to Batteries Plus and have one made...

(edit: I also had another question that I'm sure Orca can answer. ;) What's the big difference between the EOTech 551 and the HurricanE replica? Would it be possible to use the HurricanE replica on a real steel firearm?)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Scirion said:
I'm looking to get at least a 9.6V, probably a 10.4V battery for this gun, and RedWolf (where I'm ordering everything else) doesn't have crap for batteries. I'm looking to get a 10.4V 3300Mah (or higher) Large type battery... Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price? I'm thinking I may just have to go down to Batteries Plus and have one made...
Keep in mind anything over a 9.6 will cause adverse wear on any airsoft motor. The faster it spins the faster it dies. While you get a faster ROF from a higher volt battery , you can also get the same results with a highspeed gearset and a "normal" battery w/o the wear on the motor. (CA's should only run 8.4's unless you upgrade the motor and internal gears).

I've pretty recently gone and switch out all my batteries to Nimh, so no discharging, etc. But NiCD are the way to go if you want max power through out the charge. Here's links to some decent battery peeps:

Gonzo - Old school custom airsoft battery pack guy.
http://www.airsoftplayers.com/gonzo/

Battery Space
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=278

Only Battry Packs
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/

All-Battery
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=155

These aren't listed in any specifc order. I've purchased from all and have had good results.

Scirion said:
(edit: I also had another question that I'm sure Orca can answer. ;) What's the big difference between the EOTech 551 and the HurricanE replica? Would it be possible to use the HurricanE replica on a real steel firearm?)
Huge difference in form and function. The real Eotech is a true Holographic sight and is very bright. Will not washout in daylight and if lens gets damaged or partially obscured, the sight still functions. The sight has autoshutoff features and some models are tuned to work with NV.

The Hurricane just looks like the Eotech from the outside. It's your typical Chicom reddot. While it should work fine for airsoft, I don't think there's a place for it on real steel, durability or pride wise ;)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well, their site is currently FUBAR, but I'll be getting the 8mm custom high-speed gearbox/motor combo from airsoftforce.com, which apperently can handle up to 12V, so I'm guessing I'll be ok with the 10.4. :) (According to Redwolf, an 8mm gearbox is good for around 150K continuous rounds)

Well, some of my accessories arrived today. (551 sight, and a few other things)

Can't wait until I get everything else. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was bored, so here's a few pics of my CA G36C, now with HurricanE 551 sight (which rocks, btw), KM/Head LightWeight 200 suppressor, and MilSpex M60/M249 sling (which has no real padding, despite what RedWolf says, it's just super thick and wide). I wonder if I should get a rail kit for it? :) Just ordered a 10pack of STAR 30 rd mags for it, because I needed mags, and the STAR's were cheap. :) Oh, and that's an Inokatsu M60 box mag, to go with my upcoming purchase. I'll be ordering it (Inokatsu Mk43) sometime around the start of January, with any luck. :D

Huge pics here!

One more left...

I love this gun...

Now, the question is: Should I waste more time on my next day off posting pics of my other stuff? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts