Gun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
You can make up yrou own mind by doing a littel research. This subject has been posted before here:

http://www.gunatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472

as well as on many other airsoft boards.

http://www.socalairsoft.com/modules...=19077&highlight=ics+classic+army+tokyo+marui

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=998&SearchTerms=ics,classic,army,tokyo,marui

We also had a member saying that ICS was "Insane" but a few weeks later ask if anyone know how to fix a problem with it. Hope that helps. I'll probably lock this one up since this info exists on so many other sites.

Bottom line is find a retailer you are comfortable with make sure they stand behind what they sell. They will give you the best advice (since you will be paying for it) based on what they sell, upgrade and repair.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have a few friends who have these guns and they arent bad starter wepons.but they have low-cost metal,and are unupgradeable.if you are looking for an mp5 check Classic Army or if your looking for an M4 look at G&G , G&P , Tokyo Mauri or Classic Army

·
Registered
77 Posts
insane company

dont put down ics because its a very good company some people just go off of things they dont know what there talking about i suggest getting their MP5 line because they have the most options on those type of AEGs and their new AK is insane, ive never shot there M4/M16 line but a guy on my team has one and hes never had a problem with it for the 2 years that hes had it.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yeah these discussion of what's a better brand always turn into a 'tard' war. As Celtic pointed out people make judgements based on things they may not have experienced, or "they heard" or whatever...

I've actually experienced first hand piles of a certain manufacturers brands come back to an airsoft shop for repairs. Seen their performance side by side. Luckily I get to experience this stuff in person before I make decisions or judgements.

Bottom line is, buy what you can afford and from a place you are comfortable buying. Try to make sure you buy something of decent quality or be prepared to shell out money for repairs. Also a good thing to look at is what are people trying to get rid of in the Airsoft Classifieds. Not neccessarily for you to buy from them, but you'll see what people are selling and the value of it. (FYI right now there are at least 3 major Airsoft Classified scams going on. If the deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. BEWARE)

Just like most things, you do get what you pay for in airsoft.

I always think it's funny when a newbie comes to a strange forum, with people they don't neccessarily know and can't qualify for ther experience and knowledge on a subject.. And basically ask, "What should I spend $250.00+ on".

Unlike when I first got into airsoft information was scarce. But now good info is all over the place. There's many US based retailers, so the info is all out there for you to find. There's tons of info out there on what's the best brand for YOU to get. You can only blame yourself if you buy something that you couldn't find info on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts