Gun Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you have seen my older posts making the statement that AEX stoppped selling ICS/Airsoft Elite AEG's due solely to quality problems. Below is a statement by 1 of the AEX principals on the subject. It explains it in alot more detail and is a much more eloquent way (Then my typical STFU go away attitude ;). This is a recent post on Arnie's airsoft you can read the thread in its entirety here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=98468&st=60

Bruiser said:
On a completely different topic, I want to comment on Orca's anecdote on our opinion of ICS/Airsoft Elite guns so you can have a better sense of where I'm coming from. Our opinion on this brand is based on experience from many years ago when their guns just came out onto the market. The metallurgy was poor which was why their MP5 receivers cracked easily where it connected with the cocking tube. This is why recent and current generation ICS MP5 bodies have more material there than other brands to make up for their metal's brittleness. We ended up losing money overall in parts (replacing the bodies, broken tappet plates, etc at our cost) and labor costs warrantying these MP5's since they arrived 50% of the time at the customer's doorstep broken in half. Mechbox parts compatibility with available aftermarket parts was not all there either. At least when Classic Army was known as Kaka Army for their crappiness years ago, we could power through customer warranty work by replacing broken internals with Systema parts (this was back before internal parts were available from Guarder, G&G, Prometheus, CA, etc). Another motivation was we made enough profit on the CA guns to be able to afford replacing defective internals with superior Systema parts for customers at no charge to them. The ICS M4's quick takedown mechbox system is also a source of the problem where we could not guarantee consistent and predictable performance increase with every upgrade that we did even after spending a ridiculous amount of time on each gun. Couldn't take a customer's money if we couldn't guarantee results that meets expectations and didn't want to deal with the customer dissatisfaction anymore. I'm sure ICS guns are acceptable for some airsofters now - otherwise, this brand wouldn't have survived for so long. Besides, they offer some very innovative features that are truly unique. Nowadays, other than our sour history with this brand, our lack of motivation is the lack of profit in carrying these guns. The price competition on this brand is stupid in the US and we're not going to risk making such a low margin on these guns while at the same time providing possibly costly warranty service and attempting to lower customer expectations on unpredictable upgrade results that we may have to spend extra time (read labor cost) to achieve.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts