Gun Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The person there said that glock was sueing all the airsoft companys because they weren't licenced to make there guns!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Wow...

Which store? Who at the store?

Very convenient you don't qualify any of the crap you post. Be interesting to hear which retailer would state something like this, since it only cuts into their business.

What airsoft companies are being sued?

Very hard for Glock to sue any Asian company since Asian companys don't really care about copyright laws more then making a buck.

What about Colt, Springfield, Sig, Steyr, HK, Berreta, etc. or any firearms manufacturer that has unlicensed airsoft copies of there products made?

Colt tries very hard, but the Colt firearms are the most illegally reproduced airsoft gun. Nothing so far has stopped their importation even with Colt's best efforts. What's makes Glock so special in all this?

Why do you continue to post your idiotic shit here. Surely there are many other sites out there that would fall for your ill informed, uneducated posts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
ORCA said:
Wow...

Which store? Who at the store?

Very convenient you don't qualify any of the crap you post. Be interesting to hear which retailer would state something like this, since it only cuts into their business.

What airsoft companies are being sued?

Very hard for Glock to sue any Asian company since Asian companys don't really care about copyright laws more then making a buck.

What about Colt, Springfield, Sig, Steyr, HK, Berreta, etc. or any firearms manufacturer that has unlicensed airsoft copies of there products made?

Colt tries very hard, but the Colt firearms are the most illegally reproduced airsoft gun. Nothing so far has stopped their importation even with Colt's best efforts. What's makes Glock so special in all this?

Why do you continue to post your idiotic shit here. Surely there are many other sites out there that would fall for your ill informed, uneducated posts.

Didn't you read? Glock is 'sueing' ALL airsoft companies. TM, KSC, KWA, KWC, WA, TK, Dboys, DE, BE, Tanaka, VFC, etc. Every company. Even if they don't make Glocks. Because it is possible for in-country laws to be transfered to other countries. It'd be like the NFL being mad because Japan/China/India/Slovokia/Croatia/Serbia/France (LOL!)/Brazil/whatever had their own National Football (not football, though) League. Perfect reason for 'sueing' someone.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Sigh..

Trademarks for firearms companies cannot be enforced in Japan due to the firearms laws established during the Occupation in Japan. They cannot be enforced in China since the Chinese government could care less. But as KSC did when Glock tried to go after them in 2005, KSC just stopped putting authentic Glock tradesmarks on their Glock replicas. Glock could sue, but could only get a voluntary cease and desist since their trademarks have no validity in certain countries.

The only place that enforces any trademark violations of importation to the U.S. is U.S. Customs in seizing and destroying anything that infringes on said trademarks. As alot fo us old airsofters know, there's many ways to get stuff in country.

This is a "sky is falling" post. When it actually falls and no-one can get airsoft Glocks I'll believe it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Man, if you think he's bad, go over to www.airsoftretreat.com/forums

Just look in any thread. They are everywhere. And it isn't just airsoft. They are EVERYWHERE.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
This is why this ISN'T ASR. And why I always refer all the "I want a bargain", 1st time clone under 18 y/o clone kids over there.

If Bruce wants the same kinda crap posts on ASR, here, he can tell me directly and I'll stop trying to speak for the airsoft industry for what we know as fact from a large retailers standpoint.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Then why isn't he kick/banned?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Who? sbnative? Why? No one here is power trippin...

Anyones welcome to post w/e they want, but if it's BS, seems better that someone else can post a rebutal with references to what is being said.

Maybe the kid will learn something or at least learn to reference his posts.

I have no problem locking a thread for shear stupidy or off topicness though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, but I've looked at his past posts, and your replies to him. It is the same thing over and over.

We both know that the whole Glock/KSC thing is old. You mentioned it went back to 05. That's a while ago.

I guess I'm used to other forums where asshats/morons/kids/mall ninjas were just banned.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
that's why places like socalairsoft and other sites exist. they love to power trip and in alot of cases it's totally justified.

so maybe the kid will learn that he should qualify a rumor with more info before he posts it as a fact. or maybe he could have made this post a question.

you can't hold being an inexperienced kid against them. he's only 13, so maybe in 5 years, he'll actually understand some of what's actually going on, if airsoft even exisits anymore. you can only hope they eventually learn something.

·
Registered
395 Posts
ORCA said:
that's why places like socalairsoft and other sites exist. they love to power trip and in alot of cases it's totally justified.

so maybe the kid will learn that he should qualify a rumor with more info before he posts it as a fact. or maybe he could have made this post a question.

you can't hold being an inexperienced kid against them. he's only 13, so maybe in 5 years, he'll actually understand some of what's actually going on, if airsoft even exisits anymore. you can only hope they eventually learn something.

Wise you are, Orca. Not think of that I have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i went to sinster paintball /airsoft store in sacramento ca.All he said is that glock was sueing all of the airsoft companys who make them but he didnt know anything about my gun that i was trying to exchangebecause it was broken.

i thlink hey was trying to sell me the glock.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I appreciate everything you do ORCA. I hate misinformation and try as hard as I can to keep it off this site. You slam that truth-hammer down whenever you need to. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.