Gun Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And from there, become a city cop. I can't take the tech crap anymore, I wanna be a cop, this is my last stand.

Academy = $5k+

Ouch.

·
Registered
351 Posts
the academy is going to cost me about 2,000 not including guns, that is just tuition and books and uniforms
not that i really have a problem with the guns anyways :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
I pay 6k per year so you all have it easy

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think that job would suit you better than tech work would. For no other reason than it would require you to carry a gun at work :twisted:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Adler said:
I pay 6k per year so you all have it easy
my reg college is way more than the 2,000 that is just for the police academy, it usually costs me about 10-15k a year for school, thanks god for grandparents and student loans thats all i have to say

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Yeah I was mentioning just the plain tuiton. If I lived in the dorms it would be 14k.

It more like 7k with the books since I have my own house with roomies.

Thank god for having an assistanship which gives me 1300 a month to check papers and sit in one class as well as knocking 1-2 grand off the bill for the year,

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
In 3 1/2 years I get to work 15 hours a week just talking about war. ANd I get to pur Dr. on my checks. Woot

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're going to be a history teacher? That is something I'd like to do... But only WWII.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Im doing Modern Military History which is roughly 1650-present. But Yeah I mainly like the 1750-1945 era. Pretty much until I am out I an just doing the history of military science and technology since the PhD program is specialized. I am TAing European Military Hist next fall.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: I think I'm just going to join the Police Academy on my

brucelee said:
And from there, become a city cop. I can't take the tech crap anymore, I wanna be a cop, this is my last stand.

Academy = $5k+

Ouch.

brucelee, i thought about doing this too. i graduated with a BS in criminal justice and still am having trouble getting hired here in tennessee as a cop. its political around here. so that sucks. i dont know how it is in CA but around here its all in who you know. though times are hard now, i believe that in time, i will get hired somewhere. in the meantime, i am just working shit jobs and trying to make ends meet until i can become what i have always dreamed of, being a police officer. the academy here is not that expensive. if i were you, i would apply with the CA highway patrol. they were after me a while back but i turned them down because i didnt wanna move from my home state to CA. they are always hiring and from what i can tell are pretty easy to get on with.. check into it. CHP is rated #1 for highway patrols in the nation. they got their stuff together out there, thats for sure, as far as the highway patrol goes! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts