Gun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want a new handgun. There's my problem.

I have a few questions for CA gun owners.

What is illegal here that isn't in other parts of the country?
Can I buy extended round magazines for pistols that are limited to 10?
If so, where?
What's the SF handgun ban?
Can I get around it? Mom lives up north if that helps. I may be moving eastbay soon.

Anything else I should know?

I'm leaning towards Glock since that's what I've wanted since I was a kid. What else is there these days ? I've seen XD this and that. What's the big deal? I also like H&K. The Sigs are nice. Any others out there that are worth a look?

Question for Brucelee: Where do you get all of your weapons? Is Trader Sports in San Leandro any good? Congrats on the new forum and feel free to move this since it's not completely pistol related.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The SF handgun ban applies only to residents of the City and County of San Francisco, the law essentially prohibits two things:

The sale or transfer of firearms and ammunition within city limits is prohibited.

And

A citizen of San Francisco cannot own a handgun (rifles & shottys ok just no ammo here) unless they are in the service of government or private security.

What really is curious is the wording used near the beginning of the proposition.
San Franciscans have a right to live in a safe and secure City. The presence of handguns poses a significant threat to the safety of San Franciscans.
The evil presence of guns frightens the San Francisco Illuminati.

:shock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not a Californian, and haven't been following it, but from an outside perspective:

I would say it more has to do with the ridiculous amount of kids who are shooting each other in the Bay Area. I don't know any personally...but a lot of people I know have friends down there getting shot...some of them over stuff they weren't even really caught up in. However I am pretty sure they're being shot by unregistered firearms, so this new law (reminds me of a post I made earlier, heh) basically leaves criminals armed.
Todd

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Sounds like the Soviet Union but with a better climate.

·
Registered
231 Posts
iownaspec said:
i would hate to live in cali. you guys get shit gas,huge taxes, and cant carry hardly any firearms.
now you know why i'll never move to cali or any other state with pussy gun laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts