Gun Forums banner

Do you hunt?

Hunters!

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  camshaftprelube 
My dad and grandfather hunted deer, duck, geese, pheasant, antelope, and dove. Their annual deer hunting trip to Colorado/Montano/Idaho (depended on where they wanted to go that year) was always when I was in school so I never became a deer hunter.

I did take up bird hunting and enjoyed it for many years as a teenager and young adult. It's juts me and my dad now, and with the screwed up rules they imposed out here in Kalifornia, it's harder than ever to get drawn for a blind at the nearby reservations. We're lucky if we get to go duck/goose hunting once a year. But we do make it a point to go out for opening day of dove season. However, since I only get to shoot trap a couple of times a year, I can't hit those rather quick and small dove for squat. ;)

When bird hunting I use my grandfather's old SKB over and under 12 gauge. I used it when I used to shoot competition trap and I absolutely love this gun. For dove I usually switch to my Browning Auto 5 12 gauge since I usually need that third shot. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.