Gun Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard of all of these loop wholes and such. But havent really found much info on them. I live in michigan. Do i have to buy it from a person and not a dealer? Any info is apreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too am 19, and heard of said loopholes. I did some pretty extensive research, and my conclusion (for where I live, Seattle, Washington), was that I just have to wait for the big 21 to get my own. Michigan however is probably less pussified...so maybe you stand a chance. Hmm...Bruce would put together a legal firearms glossary by state if he was REALLY cool. :wink:
Todd

·
Registered
29 Posts
see if your state has a legislature page on which you can search laws.

i'm 20 and have bought 3 handguns. private party FTF handgun purchase in louisiana is 18, can posess at 17 if you're hunting, at a range, or in transit to either.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Michigan you can have your parents buy it and gift it to you. In Michigan when I was living there a few years ago, you had to be 21 to purchase a pistol, but could legally own one if your parents bought it for you as a gift at 18.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shad said:
Michigan you can have your parents buy it and gift it to you. In Michigan when I was living there a few years ago, you had to be 21 to purchase a pistol, but could legally own one if your parents bought it for you as a gift at 18.
+1

This is the ATF law on pistols. 18 to own, 21 to buy IIRC. Sweet talk your parnets into buying said gun for you after you pay a rent that month that happens to equal the amount of the gun.

Legal? Eh its a gray area, roll with it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think the only way till your 21 is the gift method. I'm in Michigan to but i just waited till i was 21 to buy my hanguns it seemed easier that way and I wasn't sure on the laws of owning/purchasing/transporting a handgun while under 21.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After Basic I'm going to invest in a good 'ole Glock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts