Gun Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have a thread about your standard carry knife, I figured we should have one for how you carry it.

Do you just use the pocket clip? Carry it concealed? Or do you have some crazy elaborate sling/strap system?

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
My M16 is just on a pocket clip. It's a little big but it works.

Vostok 7

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use the clip for my S&W and for Ka-BAR type knives I use a belt funny story me and my freinds wer caut by a butch of mormin boy scouts up in utah with asult wepons holsterd side armes an 7" blades to say the least they were scared shitliss.

·
Registered
264 Posts
None of you clip folks are bothered that someone can notice your clip and at least know you have some sort of knife on you?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not to bother them but for BG's to have any clear idea of what you may have on you is not particularly desireable imo. I also am currently in sissy-town USA, MA and like to keep as low a profile as possible. I also find it faster to deploy from inside my pocket with my hand on it as I am habitually accustomed to doing.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
sissy town? im in Kali man. and if anything i would PREFER a bg know i have a knife, then maybe he will think twice before trying something. one thing i like about my E.T. is its hard to remove from my back pocket because their are two nuts that are not flush with the grip, so they snag a little when i pull it out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Touche on the Kali thing... they haven't made you switch to a plastic safety knife of less than .5" yet? :lol:

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts

From Janq's review thread I purchased this knife and honestly I really like it. I wear it on my belt keeping the holster between the belt and my pants for maximum holster conceal ability. I keep the knife itself out of sight by facing the handle down and forward into my right hand side pocket. It is virtually invisible especially with black dress pants. From this position it is easily deployed, and stays put without getting in the way.

Here is a pic of the belt holster.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
after Janqs review im thinking of doing that as well. but i dont want to carry two. and having one concealed but still using it for every day box opening kinda defeats the point. so im on the fence.

·
Registered
767 Posts
KingPerformance said:

From Janq's review thread I purchased this knife and honestly I really like it. I wear it on my belt keeping the holster between the belt and my pants for maximum holster conceal ability. I keep the knife itself out of sight by facing the handle down and forward into my right hand side pocket. It is virtually invisible especially with black dress pants. From this position it is easily deployed, and stays put without getting in the way.

Here is a pic of the belt holster.

if you carrying it with the handle down and forward, then you are not going to be able to get a quick natural grip on it. if you want to carry upside down. flip it around and use an ice pick grip. Otherwise right side up will be most natural

I just purchased the TDI mini as a neck knife or very small back up also grabbed a kabar dozier to play with. I'll do a review about them

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
I want to start off by saying I definitely respect your opinion, but I don’t necessarily agree. Had I not tried it, I would agree with you; however after putting it into service with this orientation it is very comfortable, and easy to grip and release. I agree it’s not the optimal placement, but I do like pulling down instead of having to pull up on the knife; it puts your arm in a very good starting position to come across the assailant unseen. Another thing to consider with concealment is sometimes you have to give a little take a little. Where I work, we are VERY hold your hand and smile; hence the reason just about everything on the inside is conceal carry. We do what it takes to keep the employees happy.

I took a few cell phone pics; hopefully they will help better convey what I may not be getting across in words. I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality, but I think the idea comes across just the same.

In this picture the knife is outside of my pocket. My shirt is tucked in. This is just to show scale of the handle.

In this picture my shirt is tucked in (it is usually not) and I’m wearing Khaki pants. With black pants the knife all but disappears. You only see a small portion of it, and most people would not give it a second look. In this picture I'm all contorted trying to take a picture of myself while looking at the screen of a cell phone, so the handle is showing more then it would in normal circumstances.

In this picture I have a Nextel cell phone on a belt clip. While I do not wear the phone all the time, the phone cradle/holster usually stays on to aid in concealment. And no, it does not get in the way of reaching for the knife.

·
Registered
767 Posts
KingPerformance said:
I want to start off by saying I definitely respect your opinion, but I don’t necessarily agree. Had I not tried it, I would agree with you; however after putting it into service with this orientation it is very comfortable, and easy to grip and release. I agree it’s not the optimal placement, but I do like pulling down instead of having to pull up on the knife; it puts your arm in a very good starting position to come across the assailant unseen.
I see where you coming from, not a bad idea. let us know what you think after carrying like that for a bit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts