Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well BL brought up a great idea of trying to get us all together and head down to a range. So outside of the fact we are all across the US, there may be some good "Gathering" (There can be only 1 lol) places.

My suggestions would be:

The Gun Store, Las Vegas.

I'm out in LV at least 2-3 times a year for work for CES, SEMA, Shotshow, etc. The Gun Store LV is great because, at least for Kalifornians, you can rent and fire full auto's. Plus it's an indoor range (AC + LV = :laugh:) and they allow you to shoot rifle calibers since the use frangible ammo. It's 3.5 miles away form the MGM Grand.

Here's a video they shot for a Japnaese magazine3 called, Gun Magazine:

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/images/Video/TouristVideo.wmv

Another idea would be to form a team for CQB Challenge, an airsoft event held at Fort Ord, CA. It's a fun and educational event and should be happening again around September.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Miki and I are both down for a Gunatics vegas meet... Make it like a 2 day event.

I'd love to have beers with you guys... then go shooting, and talk guns all day. It would be the best thing EVER!

Alder, you GOTTA be there.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Shit, I've been looking for an excuse to take a vacation I've always wanted to go to Vegas, and The Gun Store looks like a pretty chill place. I think it would be a fun couple of days. Spend a couple days putting rounds downrange, getting twisted at night talking about guns...... sounds like the perfect vacation to me. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
brucelee said:
Miki and I are both down for a Gunatics vegas meet... Make it like a 2 day event.

I'd love to have beers with you guys... then go shooting, and talk guns all day. It would be the best thing EVER!

Alder, you GOTTA be there.
Adler is uber broke right now and so is his car. Hopefully by summer end it might be feasible if I can get the old Monte Carlo up and running as well as get some extra cash. Its a good 20hr drive to LV from here. I would love to do it since I havent been on vactaion forever.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Shad said:
This can all go down, only if Orca wears his OCU's :lol:

Oh crap, what have I started now? :roll:

Now hop to it, Orca! ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh, Adler, what's wrong with your car? I know a lot about basic automotive work, and what I don't know, I'm in dart league with a bunch of career mechanics.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
It looks like it'll be better if we all go in the late summer, which will probably work out better for everyone as it gives us several months... I dunno, what about september sometime?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Shad said:
Oh, Adler, what's wrong with your car? I know a lot about basic automotive work, and what I don't know, I'm in dart league with a bunch of career mechanics.

I blew up the engine. Its a 1986 Monte Carlo SS and it had more than its fair share of miles on it before I noticed the oil pressure starting to fade. I parked it before it threw a rod through the pan and am in the process of building a new 350 for it and while I am at it getting a better overdrive put in it. 200R4 transmissions suck ass. I was a mechanic at my fathers shop for 6 years so I am saving a ton of cash but the going is slow. Im borrowing my dads company beater car(92 Buick Riviera) for now until its fixed. I have a spare car but it would kill me to drive it accross state let alone to LV. Its a 70 Nova SS and if I granny drive it...I get 10mpg on the highway.

Although I am tempted to just save up and buy a VW econo beast sometime soon if gas stays this high. Out here you need a car since there is no mass transit option. Im thinking a 60's Karmann Ghia or VW Thing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
brucelee said:
It looks like it'll be better if we all go in the late summer, which will probably work out better for everyone as it gives us several months... I dunno, what about september sometime?
i'll be in the police academy by then so that means 0 free time

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
September makes it possible. Just need to see where I am financially and with school at the time. I should get my first TA check my then so if I can I will make it.

Yeah I love my Nova Shad.....I just stopped driving it when gas was 1.75 and it was costing me 60 bucks a week to drive in town. My Monte SS got 25mpg which is a marked improvement.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts