Gun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really buy me one, but more tell me which one fits what I need

It's a Glock 17 (Kind of rules out CCW, which for now, work prevents anyways)

Mostly carried in the car, between the passenger seat and the center console. Also will be used to carry fishing (snakes suck, unless they're my pet) and carried to the range for practice (which will come this weekend).

No tactical attachments (ie; M3 light, laser, etc) just the straight gun and preferably at least one spare mag.

Looking to buy between today and Saturday when I head to the range.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
do you have a preferance on material? style? where do you carry it? under arm? belt? SOB? pocket?

i would like a little more info. you can do a froogle.com search for glock 17 holster and find a bagillion diferent ones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For carrying on me, Probably be IWB or side carry. Material doesn't matter to me much as long as it's comfortable I guess. Like I said, it won't be on me alot unless I'm going to the range or somewhere I won't be drinking and actually think I might need to carry it.

For fishing though it would mostly be a side carry. I'm thinking I'll pick up the cheap Uncle Mike's tonight at work for that to tie me over until I get something that's actually worth something.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Well i really like the Zytel style holsters they have. Some are plastic or ABS resign, you can even get them in carbon fiber. There sturdy and rugged. Problem is, i know some heavier set guys don't like them because they can sometimes rub. The plus side for you, is you can use this style holster in your car reasonable effectively. There are also no straps or anything to get in the way, it uses exact molding and pressure to hold the gun securely. I have a Zytel style case for my CRKT First Strike knife. I carry it SOB (small of back) on my airsoft gear when I'm out in the sticks. I love it to death, it never moves, it never slips it never comes out when i don't want it too.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
For fishing and range work, you probably want on OWB holster, maybe even a paddle holster- just be advised that paddle holsters (the inexpensive ones) can be ripped right off your body by someone behind you. Safariland makes a pretty good paddle holster in Kydex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts