Gun Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Gun-Nut said:
That's odd, why bring a gun to a gun show that you have no intention of selling?:confused:
The gun show was in PA and I'm an MD resident. MD is known for being pretty crappy as far as guns go. The gun is legal in MD, but the guy who was selling it said that he didn't know the MD laws and he wasn't willing to take the risk to sell it to someone out of state. I mean, if I were going to sell guns at a show, I'd make an effort to familiarize myself with the laws of the directly adjacent states, but I guess they don't get many out of state buyers.

I think the dumbest thing I've seen was when a guy with an LS1 swapped RX-7 refused to open his hood at a car show. Seriously, why bother?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Technically he is not allowed to legally sell you the gun since you are out of state. If you bought it there, he is supposed to ship it to an FFL in your state.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
fatcat said:
You have never been to a gun show?!
Never, till today. Just never wanted to, really, and the more I heard about them the sucker they seemed. Overpriced merch, nazi stuff, and beanie babies seemed to be taking over, so I figured why bother.

The one I went to today was a small local show that was pretty cool. Got my hands on a few more rounds of 50BMG. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the late bump. I'm thinking of going to the show in San Jose, CA next weekend, the 19-21st. Anyone from CA been to the CA show? I'm looking for a XD9 w/ night sights and am having a hard time of it. I've heard that the CA gun shows get worse every year and it might not even be worth the admission price.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
If you don't have anyone doing gun transfers onsite at the show. What will happen is you'll purchase from a vendor at the show, then have to go to their shop or find a shop they can transfer the gun you want to. Then go to that shop to fill out paperwork adn pay for DROS adn possible transfer fees. tehn wait the 10 days adn go back to that shop for pickup.

So first thing you should do is find out is a vendor will be onsite doing firearm transfers, and where that vendor is located since you'll have to go after the 10 day wait to p/u. calguns.net is a great place to ask that type of question.

Is it worth the price of admission... That's your call, I only go to the shows for bulk ammo now. Gunshows in CA can be a real pain if there are no transfers/DROS being done on site.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts