Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Take alot of money and be ready to cover your eyes and walk past so many things you want.

oh, and make sure its ok before you starting playing with rifles. Some people get grumpy when you do without asking.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in PA. Is cash required or are checks ok? I'm pretty good on self-control regarding shopping.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Bring cash, look over everything as much as the seller allows before buying. Some will try to sell used as new, or re blues as originals.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to the one this weekend in King of Prussia. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I think it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do your research and know what things should cost. Sometimes a deal isn't a deal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DaButtKraken said:
Do your research and now what things should cost. Sometimes a deal isn't a deal.
I'm only going there for one rifle. If they don't have it, I'll just drool over a lot of stuff and then leave.

One more question... the show is all weekend: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Is there any particular day I should go? I'm supposed to go with a friend, but I'm not sure which day he wants to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take cash, and remember ALL PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE!
Look around if you see a better price on some other table try to talk the guy down. Don't be afraid to walk away, you can come back later. (Sometimes)
Look it over good (make sure it is unloaded) and look down the barrel.
Take note of any nicks or scratches.
Most Important HAVE FUN!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so I went to both the show I mentioned in the post and the Harrisburg show. The first show only had one PSL that was in crappy condition and the guy wanted $950 for it. He was also feeding me BS about its accuracy. No chance I was going to buy from him. The show today had one in excellent condition for $850. I was going to buy it, but the guy told me that he didn't want to sell it because he isn't familiar with MD gun laws. It's a shame that MD has such a reputation for being gun-Nazis. I told him that the only restriction was no mags over 20 rounds, but I understand his point of view. To make the best of it, I took the opportunity to join the NRA.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a card from another guy who told me he'll sell me one for $800. Might take a few weeks for him to get it in though.

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
That's odd, why bring a gun to a gun show that you have no intention of selling?:confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts