Gun Forums banner

GLOCK: the best of the best

8K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  jamz 
#1 ·
i was hoping that i would find a few fella glockers here on gunatics.. i know when someone makes statements, like glocks are the best, etc etc, it sparks debate and that is healthy and fine. to each his own.. however, in my experiences, nothing compares to a glock on many levels; primarily durability. i dont know about others on here, but i am a proud and lawful CCW permit holder. my rig consists of a G26 subcompact 9mm, in an ultra deep concealment IWB glaco holster, 10 rounds + 1 in the chamber, an additional 10 rounds magazine on my belt, and a 33 round magazine nearby. (another plus of the G26, it takes all glock mags!) here is my rig.

glock fan? yea you are correct!

G26 glock carbine. yea its killer!!!! :D

See less See more
#28 ·
I used to not like glocks at all, then I shot a G26, and man I was more accurate with that thing, even though it felt just awful to shoot.

Then I tried out a G19 3rd generation in a local shop, and it felt blocky, but okay. I liked the rep for reliability, and I needed a 9mm, so I bought it. It has definitely entered into my carry rotation, which consists of either a j-fram S&W model 38 bodyguard, a Colt Defender, or the G19. The trigger and grip are not as pleasant as a nice 1911 or some other guns, but it's definitely workable for me, and I feel just fine carrying it. The Colt Defender conceals better and packs more of a punch, though.

#29 ·
jamz, the G26 is the best glock 9mm IMO. i like it because of its size and you can always add a bigger mag to it as in it takes the G19 and G17 mags... also, you can use the glock 33 round mag too... cannot go wrong with the G26 and federal hydrashock bullets...

#30 ·
I used to be a fan of Hydrashocks but have seen some tests that have made me switch my opinions.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot13.htm

In this test for example the Hydrashocks did not always reliably expand. I have become a Corbon and Speer convert as of late. Although I love Federals new series of expanding FMJ ammo. Great for older Autoloaders without ramped barrels such as old 1911s, Hi Powers, and P38s.

#31 ·
Kind of off topic, but if you want to have some fun testing penetration of different rounds, I've got a fun suggestion (sadly I've done this). You get yourself: 1 pig corpse (pig skin is really tough when it's a freshly dead pig), 1 bottle of Tannerite hidden in random location inside pig corpse, 1 high powered rifle, and a friendly competition with some friends. You'll not only learn what different rounds will do to a fleshy target, but eventually get rewarded with an explosion and chunks of pig flying all over the place (only fun if you're doing it on your friend's property).

#32 ·
For out and out stopping power the Lyman devastators hp's are hard to beat, If you need a little slower expansion in the larger calibers stick a thumbtack in the end and it delays the expansion and then frags the bullet. The tacks also work in softnosed rounds, doesn't leave enough of the bullet to even thinking about identifing it.

Don't ask the questions going through your head lol

#33 ·
Shad said:
Kind of off topic, but if you want to have some fun testing penetration of different rounds, I've got a fun suggestion (sadly I've done this). You get yourself: 1 pig corpse (pig skin is really tough when it's a freshly dead pig), 1 bottle of Tannerite hidden in random location inside pig corpse, 1 high powered rifle, and a friendly competition with some friends. You'll not only learn what different rounds will do to a fleshy target, but eventually get rewarded with an explosion and chunks of pig flying all over the place (only fun if you're doing it on your friend's property).
OMFG HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhahahahahahhahaha

Possibly the best suggestion I've ever heard! :D

#35 ·
Some guns are almost works of art. I own a couple of those. Others, like the Glocks are strickly business. I have either had a malfunction, or witnessed a malfunction of a pistol made by just about every major manufacturer, except Glock. I've read on these forums that some have had problems. But most tell about putting thousands and thousands of rounds through them without a hitch. That's been my own personal experience. I had a G17, and still have my G26. Many thousands of rounds through both, and never a problem. I cannot say that about any other auto I've ever owned. So, if I carry an auto, it's my G26.

I saw a pretty good signature on another forum. This isn't a perfect quote, but it was something like:

You show your Colts & Kimbers to your friends. You show your enemy a Glock.

Tuckerdog1

#36 ·
tuckerdog1 said:
Some guns are almost works of art. I own a couple of those. Others, like the Glocks are strickly business. I have either had a malfunction, or witnessed a malfunction of a pistol made by just about every major manufacturer, except Glock. I've read on these forums that some have had problems. But most tell about putting thousands and thousands of rounds through them without a hitch. That's been my own personal experience. I had a G17, and still have my G26. Many thousands of rounds through both, and never a problem. I cannot say that about any other auto I've ever owned. So, if I carry an auto, it's my G26.

I saw a pretty good signature on another forum. This isn't a perfect quote, but it was something like:

You show your Colts & Kimbers to your friends. You show your enemy a Glock.

Tuckerdog1
i agree. my problem is i prefer not to hold a chalkboard eraser when it's suppose to be a gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.