Gun Forums banner

GLOCK: the best of the best

8K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  jamz 
#1 ·
i was hoping that i would find a few fella glockers here on gunatics.. i know when someone makes statements, like glocks are the best, etc etc, it sparks debate and that is healthy and fine. to each his own.. however, in my experiences, nothing compares to a glock on many levels; primarily durability. i dont know about others on here, but i am a proud and lawful CCW permit holder. my rig consists of a G26 subcompact 9mm, in an ultra deep concealment IWB glaco holster, 10 rounds + 1 in the chamber, an additional 10 rounds magazine on my belt, and a 33 round magazine nearby. (another plus of the G26, it takes all glock mags!) here is my rig.

glock fan? yea you are correct!

G26 glock carbine. yea its killer!!!! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
LMAO.

Yeah, I'm a huge glock fan... Not because it's the thing to be, but because they have proven to be the greatest pistols for me. I used to be a huge sig fan until I had a few bad apples perform like crap.... I want a pistol that is going to fire when I pull the trigger regardless of anything, and Glock provides that barnone.

Good to see you on the board man, welcome. :)

#3 ·
bruce, thanks man. thanks for the great forum. i will get a bunch of fellas here on all the other forums i am on if ya want... mainly glock talk.. u on there?

yea i agree. i dont care if cops carry them, etc... glocks have been the best for me, thats why i carry them. end of story.

#5 ·
Glocks are good....Steyr is better. Designed by the same guy who wanted Gaston Glock to add some basic improvements to the design(better ergonomics, optional manual safety, better sights) and was told to hit teh road. Steyr happily bought the "improved glock" and it is teh new M series of which I own.

However I shall always be a Walther fan. The most underated firearms company around.

#7 ·
jeremy you carry the 26 as well huh? i cant believe it doesnt feel good to you. for me, and all glock subs, they fit my hand better than any gun i have carried and i have carried many... people dont seem to get it... the glock subs are NOT made to have mag extensions!!!! if you do that you might as well get the 19 or 23!!!! the subs are made to have your pinky finger on the bottom of the mag baseplate!!!! ihave never had a mag extension on any of my subs and if i feel one that has one, it feels odd to me now... just my 2 cents.

#8 ·
I just have standard mags, it more the grip size and angle that don't fight right. I have a G22 also and its just the same. I have a weird hand size and glock grips just aren't right to me. I carry the g26 becuase even though I don't like it I feel it's the best gun for the job and the price was right lol

#9 ·
jeremy, you make a crucial mistake while CCWing man.... "i carry the G26 EVEN THOUGH I DONT LIKE IT...." if you dont like it or it doesnt feel right for you, i would highly suggest getting another weapon. then sell me your G26!!! :laugh: i can never have enough of the G26...

#10 ·
I don't put hundreds of rounds a week through it like i do my Sig. I can live with it not feeling right. That doesn't mean I'm not confident with it. I have no doubts in the G26 preformance or anything. It's the right size for summer carry. For formal dress and winter I can get away with my 226

#12 ·
Problem with mini autoloaders is that they are hard to draw and hold properly in a hurry. Its too easy to hold it wrong and get a jam of some sort. Smallest gun I have that I would carry is my Walther pp.

#13 ·
adler, not sure what you mean by "mini autoloaders.." :? never heard them called that before but anyways. jams are not caused by the gun 98% of them time, if we are talking about my G26, still. it is from limpwristing or not holding the gun firmly. as for you, well, you may not be able to grip the sub compact firearms well. i can. i have never had a FTF or FTE in any glock i have ever owned! i have had over 50,000 rounds through one G26 and no FTE/FTF. its all on the shooter when it comes to glock. the gun is going to function the way its supposed to.

#14 ·
Problem is that under stress you are in a hurry to defend youself and with adrenaline you may not be able to pull out your gun fast and properly and this is an issue with carrying amini glock or other small autoloader. If you practicve enough it will not be a problem but for most people they are not a good idea.

#17 ·
Ducman said:
Most people don't practice their draw anyways and very few practice drawing in the manner they ccw.

And thats a big mistake and all the reason in the world to buy a wheelgun. Its idiot proof.

#20 ·
Damn Yankee said:
no one here likes Glocks.

Hehhehe...

My friend was set on getting an HK USP Tactical (He lives in Vermont) but I talked him into getting a Glock 21 instead. He's a pistol n00b and just wanted the HK because of the name, nothing else really... I basically explained that the HK was $1,200 Vs. $500 (Glock), so the HK better damn well give me 2 times more pleasure than the G21 for that damn price... I could buy a custom 1911 for that! After all, it is a polymer pistol with some extra features that isn't as reliable as it's Austrian friend Glock.

#21 ·
brucelee said:
Damn Yankee said:

Hehhehe...

My friend was set on getting an HK USP Tactical (He lives in Vermont) but I talked him into getting a Glock 21 instead. He's a pistol n00b and just wanted the HK because of the name, nothing else really... I basically explained that the HK was $1,200 Vs. $500 (Glock), so the HK better damn well give me 2 times more pleasure than the G21 for that damn price... I could buy a custom 1911 for that! After all, it is a polymer pistol with some extra features that isn't as reliable as it's Austrian friend Glock.

My Tactical ran over 8k rounds without one issue, and the ability to carry L&C or decocked is a great option, as is a the increase accuracy from the o-ring and a threaded barrel, adjustable sights are quite nice also, plus a match trigger. Thats where the price difference comes from

And I don't know of any quality custom 1911 for $1200

#22 ·
Ducman said:
brucelee said:
Damn Yankee said:

Hehhehe...

My Tactical ran over 8k rounds without one issue, and the ability to carry L&C or decocked is a great option, as is a the increase accuracy from the o-ring and a threaded barrel, adjustable sights are quite nice also, plus a match trigger. Thats where the price difference comes from

And I don't know of any quality custom 1911 for $1200
Indeed, they are nice pistols as I justed to be a SIG and HK man myself. I wet my self every time I saw an HK Tactical (they are illegal in CA) I had an oppertunity to buy one without a threaded barrel and passed it up because of the price... $1200 on the low side. I'd much rather get an M1A or something. I just can't justify spending over like $800 for a pistol... I mean, does it really cost that much more to make? No. You're paying for a name and that's what I hate. Sure, with Glock you still pay for the name, but the pistols can be had for under $500 which is reasonable to me. I'd like to get a Styer M9 as my next pistol... Mainly because I already have 5 glocks and I want to switch it up a bit... Even though the Styer is pretty much a glock with some added comfort features.

For a polymer pistol, there's no way I'm going to spend $1200+, simple as that... I just can't do it... It'd be like a personal sin. lol (Unless it was some spectacular custom insane pistol)...

My main gripe in this post is that HK is way too over priced. (and the sights are terrible unless you get night sights)

#24 ·
Shad said:
Shit, where do you guys shop. I paid $950 for my USP Tactical, brand new. Still expensive, but not as expensive as the prices I'm seeing quoted. Guess I just live in a cheap place for guns, or something.
BruceLee,and myself, live in the SF Bay Area of CA, a notoriously expensive area to purchase firearms. This is especially true of guns like the USP Tactical as it is not on the CA 'approved' list and as such can only be purchased face-to-face via a PPT from someone who had owned it out of state and brought it into CA when they moved here (and even then we need to purchase an additional non-threaded bbl to make it leagal). That makes 'unapproved' guns very rare, and the sellers know this. It is not uncommon to see 50%-100% markup on USED firearms just because the private seller knows that the gun can not be purchased new in CA and that the buyer has little choice.

-Chris

#25 ·
aye, the options be scarce here. I can't even order ammo online in the normal fashion cuz due to prop H no one will deliver here, have to ship it to my mums on the peninsula = crap

sidebar- appealte ruling on aformentioned measure due on or before June 20th, so I'm not a criminal yet, suckas

gettin out asap- on that I swear, other than the political bullish it's not sooo bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.