Gun Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Adler said:
Well breaking in or not I just see it as some ammo makers I have used have given me a bad round or 2. Its just nice to be able to pull the trigger again to set it off instead of having to rack the slide to recock the action like in a glock or even my most loved Steyr
I'm talking about failure to feed not fire. The only time my G26 failed to chamber a round was because the casing of a Winchester white box round was bent. Pretty weird huh? My 229 has had problems with a particular brand of ball ammo. I can't remember what brand it was. I remember I bought it from the range when I was getting my CCW there. I couldn't believe my Sig was FTFing. Especially with ball ammo. I've never had a problem with it feeding anything. Including a few different hollowpoints.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
I have had bent cases in Whitebox as well. 3 in a hundred round pack one day. Thats why I try to avoid it and buy CCI or UMC stuff.

I did know a guy trade in his Glock 21 for a SIG 220 and the 220 was a jamming machine with his favorite defense ammo choices so he sodl it and bought another Glock in 10mm this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I happen to be kind of a sig nut myself. I am not a fan of polymer frame guns at all - but it just personal opinion. I happen to own sig models (2) P220s, a P226, a P229 with interchangeable 40 s&w & .357 sig barrels - this one happens to be my carry gun, P239 in 9mm, a P239 in 40 s&w (genreal same size as 9mm one but a slight bit wider frame), p228, and a p230 (sub compact in .380 with european style mag release). I have owned several berettas and the only one that I have ever been really happy with is one of the old, old ones - a model 84 F -cheetah in .380 - but it was manufactured in gardone italy before beretta moved its operations to the US. If you can afford the sig - I would go with it. I have yet to find one of their products that wasn't ever bit as reliable as a glock and for the most part - out of the box they are more accurate than glocks.

As another note to this - if you will be using reloaded ammo at all - don't get the glock - they do not have a fully supported chamber and even the slightest weakness in reloaded brass will be manifested in a bad way without a fully closed chamber.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Aftermarket barrels for Glocks have fully supported chambers.

The SIG mosquito is a POS but thats it for bad SIGs

I agree with previous posts. Pre Beretta USA guns are much better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i own a p229r 9mm and p226r .40sw. i love my sigs. 3000+ rounds out of my 229 and only 1 ftf (tap rack and back on target). it is a great gun. i've put around 1000 rounds through my 226 and have had no issues. they are great guns. i trust my life to them.

personally i have shot glocks and a few berettas. i do not like the glocks myself, and i think they are ugly. the beretta didn't do it for me either. i have not read this whole thread, but my guess is you are going to hear each person that is pro- one manufacturer talk them up.

shoot them all, see what you like, and buy accordingly. i think the saying goes... what is the best gun? the one YOU shoot the best.

btw you can buy 2 glocks for the price of 1 sig. hah.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
The Beretta I liked is now gone....the 8000 Cougar series. Dont like the PX4 that much.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Adler said:
The Beretta I liked is now gone....the 8000 Cougar series. Dont like the PX4 that much.

hey alder

did u catch scareface and carlito's way this weekend on tv?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Only get 5 channels....havent had anything but regualr broadcast networks since 2003. So no unfortunately I didnt catch them.

Did watch Lord of War on DVD though

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Adler said:
Only get 5 channels....havent had anything but regualr broadcast networks since 2003. So no unfortunately I didnt catch them.

Did watch Lord of War on DVD though

they were on tnt - them both on dvd, but was totally mezmorized by the audio editing of pg-13 language

it was some of the funniest shit i have seen in a long time

yesterday i watched the matrix on tnt - it too was funny as hell, neo actually said "geepers chreepers" :LOL:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts