Gun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow gun people. Having canceled my order for a SA XD 45 ACP (that's a long story, suffice to say a back order and some other things were involved) I am in need of a 40/45 ACP pistol. Based on research, personal tests and Daniel's undying love, I've narrowed it to a G21 or G22, with a 35 as a dark horse candidate.

So, here's my question......if you were to have one semi auto to use as a home defense/target gun, which would you choose? My friends at the LAPD say G22 (they like the .40 for accuracy) and others tell me G21. For reference, I have a S&W 4" .357 Mag, 38 Police Special and a nasty little Walther PPK .380 as well, that's the stuff I'm used to shooting. I also have a lot of seat time with a 92FS Vertec and G17.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the size of the gun isn't an issue. I like the weight alot.
As far as the G21 failures go, I've heard 2 stories from my friends at the LAPD. 1, that it's a maintenence issue, not a gun failure, and 2 that it was an ammunition problem. Having seen the G21 torture test results, I'm not inclined to think that thing has ANY design flaws.

Now, that being said, as I understand it, the 22 is more accurate and easie r to bring up on target and re-aquire during target shooting, a fact that might make it a good home D gun. Also, the bullets don't drop as much over distance due to the higher veolcity/lower weight of the slugs.

Eh, mebbe I'll buy both.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will not provide the tools for your Jihad, lou.

I can get 2 of them for under a grand. The problem is CA only allows purchases of one at a time, once a month, with a 15 day waiting period.

Kind of a pain in the ass for package deals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brucelee said:
semabe said:
I will not provide the tools for your Jihad, lou.

I can get 2 of them for under a grand. The problem is CA only allows purchases of one at a time, once a month, with a 15 day waiting period.

Kind of a pain in the ass for package deals.

LMAO!

Don't you feel safe knowing that people can only buy one pistol a month? They can buy as many rifles or shotguns per month, but not a pistol!
I've never understood that law. A lunatic with a rifle could cause mass carnage and yet I could buy like 5 in one month and invade grenada.

God damn democrats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts