Gun Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a day of fun with my GBB's, I've gotten in the habit of articulating the magazine valve and letting all the gas out of the magazine before storage. My way of mind is that the less the magazine is asked to store pressurized gas, the less wear and tear on the gaskets and valves holding it in.

Am I being paranoid, or is bleeding the mags a good idea?

Peace,
Hans

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
there's 2 arguments on the subject.

1) Bleeding the gas is good just as in your statement. But your O-rings may dry out depending on your location. The valve is not mecahnically stressed with gas in the mag though. Only when the firing pin actuates the valve. The filler and main valve O-rings handle all the pressure.

2) Bleeding the gas is bad because the O-rings have no pressure on them from gas that has silicon oil mixed in with it that wil keep the oring lubricated.

The jury's still out on which is the best way to go though. I bleed off my mags only if i sell a gun and ship it via Airmail. Other then that all my GBB mags have a little gas left in them. I don't think you're being paraoid per se, but after you own a few you'll find a comfort level with how to store them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts