Gun Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Gas consumption varies from mag to mag, different manufacturer to manufacturer.

Make sure you let the magazine warm up to room temperature before firing it. Notice when you fill the mag it gets cold. Best way just hold the mag in you hand for a few minutes before firing. When you fire a GBB each time you fire it also cools the mag. Cold mags = weak fps.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
ORCA said:
Make sure you let the magazine warm up to room temperature before firing it. Notice when you fill the mag it gets cold. Best way just hold the mag in you hand for a few minutes before firing. When you fire a GBB each time you fire it also cools the mag. Cold mags = weak fps.
+987340987234

letting the gas warmup in the mag makes an amazing diference. with a cold fill, i cant get all 20whatever rounds out of my pistol.

after it warms up, it shoots harder, further, and there is gas left over.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
ok... Terry next time you post you really should be more descriptive on what gun you are asking about. Makes it so people can help direct you to your answers. Like a good thread title would have been:

WE Hi Capa Gas Capacity.

Appearently you got a WE. Heres' a quote from the guys who make the Airsoft Guide DVD on the WE's gas consumption:

Review of WE on [url said:
www.arniesairsoft.co.uk[/url] by the guys who produce Aisoft Guide DVD's]Gas efficiency is pretty terrible. Even on a full fill of Green Gas, more than half of the magazines I fired saw the slide unable to generate enough blowback to lock back after the last shot. As a related effect, cooldown is very noticable on this gun.

Note on Cool-Down: The 'Cool-Down Effect' occurs when compressed gas is released from a container quickly (in this case, the magazine). As latent heat of vaporization is taken from the atmosphere to allow the gasses to expand, the container cools down dramatically and ice can even form. As there is less and less heat available for this liquid-to-gas conversion, the gas is released more slowly and with less force. This lowers the power available to the blowback mechanism on the gun and decreases performance. As the WE Hi-Capa seems to use so much gas for each shot, cool-down is a noticable problem when rapid firing.
Full review here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/23/sort/2/cat/17/page/3

And yes before you ask... all WE's HiCapa's are internally the same. Only dif is their cosmetics.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ORCA said:
ok... Terry next time you post you really should be more descriptive on what gun you are asking about. Makes it so people can help direct you to your answers. Like a good thread title would have been:

WE Hi Capa Gas Capacity.

Appearently you got a WE. Heres' a quote from the guys who make the Airsoft Guide DVD on the WE's gas consumption:

Review of WE on [url said:
www.arniesairsoft.co.uk[/url] by the guys who produce Aisoft Guide DVD's]Gas efficiency is pretty terrible. Even on a full fill of Green Gas, more than half of the magazines I fired saw the slide unable to generate enough blowback to lock back after the last shot. As a related effect, cooldown is very noticable on this gun.

Note on Cool-Down: The 'Cool-Down Effect' occurs when compressed gas is released from a container quickly (in this case, the magazine). As latent heat of vaporization is taken from the atmosphere to allow the gasses to expand, the container cools down dramatically and ice can even form. As there is less and less heat available for this liquid-to-gas conversion, the gas is released more slowly and with less force. This lowers the power available to the blowback mechanism on the gun and decreases performance. As the WE Hi-Capa seems to use so much gas for each shot, cool-down is a noticable problem when rapid firing.
Full review here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/23/sort/2/cat/17/page/3

And yes before you ask... all WE's HiCapa's are internally the same. Only dif is their cosmetics.
ok first off i wasnt gunna ask if they are the same cuz mi no t that smart but when it says they can fire a full clip with the green gas in it there wrnog cuz i can and have gas over actually. but i just put some lube in it so that might be it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok wut i ment to say is when it said that a full clip with all the green gas it can take it said that they couldnt fire the whole clip because it uses too much gas. but when i fire i does finish the clip but it migt be because my clip holds 23 rounds unlike the other 31 round clip so i dont know.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
but if you compare this to a KSC, Western Arms, KWA magazine, you could shoot through 3-6 full magaiznes on 1 green gas fill . That's what those links are telling you. There's nothing you can do about the gas performace in the WE.

Bottom line is we all try to help answer all your questions with helpful information. It's very hard to answer your questions when you don;t give us enough details.

But in reality you could have googled all these answers on your own.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
i have the exact replica Western Arms Baretta M92FS and i can confirm that i can get a mag and a half full of BB;s out of one gas charge after a 5 minute warm up.

its a mag, a mag damn it, not a clip.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Details, details. ;) On the subject of gas consumption, my old Hi-Capa (WE, V.1) got around one mag or so, usually just barely cycling the slide near the end. I haven't gotten a chance to really test my new one (WE Hi-Capa Dragon), but I think it's about the same. But, the CO2 powered S&W Sigma .40F gets a couple mags per CO2 cartridge. If you REALLY just want an efficient gun though, get the KJW M700... You can get half a dozen mags or so on one charge. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok last evening i was shootin in my back yard with my gas gun and i had a clipp on the table(full of ammo and gas) and i accedently hit it off. so i picked it up and sumthing was rattling in it. i dont know what it is but i fired tat clipp and it works fine but sumthing is ratteling inside it. and i dont know what it is. doeos any1 know what it might be?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts