1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, now methinks I shall get a G&G rather than a CA. Higher fps, and the A5 already has picatinny rails/vert grip.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ORCA, have you fired the TM and G&G M14 series?

Cuz I was looking at the prices and the G&G would cost me less than the M16 I want. And the M14 IS my favorite gun... so yea. Any info?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yup. Here's how it breaks down. G&G m14 came out about a year before the TM. At that time G&G had no idea how TM's M14 would be designed, so G&G went ahead and designed it w/o copying TM. Unfortunately they made their M14 incompatible with most part for the TM M14.When TM released their M14, as always, every 3rd parts airsoft mfg made part/accessories/upgrades for the TMm14. G&G makes the only part for G&G M14.

Look what I can do with my TM M14, and change it back stock or to SOCOM or w/e.

G&G cannot use TM Magazines or the 3rd party mags made for the TM's. (i.e. teh cool hero arms double mags, etc) The TM M14 uses a newer Type 7 gearbox which spits bb's around 300-320 fps.

Bottom line. this holds true for otehr AEG's not dsinged to copy TM. Teh SA80/L85's may suffer the same problem depending is TM releases their own copy. The airsoft community always blindly makes 3rd party upgrades for any TM model released. And even when it bit companies in the ass, like with the G36K, XM8 conversion bodies, (These upgrades ended up not being wanted by consumers as much as the companies thought). They still work on upgrades/accessories for TM models right after TM releases.

There was a problem with the first few batches G&G M14's too, but frankly I've only been seeing people buy TM m14's lately.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
[hijack]Is that just the EBR kit, ORCA? It looks prettier than I remembered. ;)[/hijack]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are you saying the TMs are better, quality-wise?

Because I really have no problem buying G&G mags if their gun is better.

Plus, I was going to buy the SOCOM version, which has pretty much everything I wanted on it already. (ie: a scope) lol.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ORCA said:
Moose... Go to AEX and see for yourself.

If you think about it this way.. I pretty much can get w/e airsoft I want. There was a reason I waited for the TM M14.
My appologies. :)

I'm just so eager to find the gun that's right for me, but with this work schedule... AAAAH!!!

Ah well. I shall learn to be patient.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
LOL no worries moose. It's better if you can make a decision on your own thenhaving someone give you the info all the time (You can give a man a fish and he'l leat for a day, you can teach a man to fish adn he'll eat for his lifetime)

In the case of AEX, they get paid to answer all your questions. If you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance to an AEX store, definetly pay them a visit. Alot of peopel aren't in the same situation and they need to make decisions based off anonymous forum lurkers or un verifiable web info. If you can go to AEX in person, you'll be able to answer alot fo the question. Make sure you ask questions like:

"How many of ________ manufacturers gun have you seen returned?"

"Is this gun upgradeable?"

"Are parts readily available for repair?"

"Would you carry this into a skirmish?"

"What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" (A few guys can actually answer that in the shop)

etc. etc. etc.

Fortunately I haven't run across any BS artists at any AEX. They don't sell to make money or to move more profitable stock (like Jungel Toy, ShortyUSA, etc). This is why you'll see how selective they are on what they sell.

Anyway, I'd rather see you make your own decision based on facts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well i will say this. besides my own, i have fired a couple of G&G guns. I love them. The Hopup has alot of trouble ajusting, which is the complaint that most people have with G&G, so if you cant get a 3rd party upgrade on the G&G, its not a good idea to get it. So its really, besides the m14, what you would rather upgrade, a spring or a hopup system. I went with the G&G just because it didnt know about the hopup, and it seemed like a better deal. But as u can see the Tm is way cheaper.

Tm- M120+Durable Gears (120 at AEX)= around 300-400 depending on what model
G&G- m120+ Hopup( 110) 450-500 depending on what model

both at 400 fps, both fire the same way. I dont know about the motor tho, the G&G might have a better motor. And if u drop a ABS Body and a metal body, the samething will happen. THe abs/metal wont break, but the internals will get messed up. The reason i like the metal is because it feels like a real gun, but in my expirences the metal body isnt more protective then the abs, it might just last a little longer.

I hope this makes sence lol.

AND any gun u get at AEX, they stand behind 100%. And you get a warenty. I forgot how long it is. AND WHENEVER U BUY AN AEG, it will break eventually, for some stupid reason. And it will prob be in a skirmish, so always carry a sidearm.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
NotOne said:
AND any gun u get at AEX, they stand behind 100%. And you get a warenty. I forgot how long it is. AND WHENEVER U BUY AN AEG, it will break eventually, for some stupid reason. And it will prob be in a skirmish, so always carry a sidearm.
Yeah AEX has a 45 day warranty on everything they sell and yeah I've seen them take care of customers 1-2 years after they purchase.

Yes! Good info!!! yes all "upgraded" AEG's will eventually need service. I have 3 stock TM AEG's tht fire as good as the day they were bought though. You can classify all CA, G&G G&P AEG's as "upgraded" because of the stronger springs they put in. So that being said, any of those AEG's be prepared at sometime for repair/tune up/ upgrade of internals. This is why it's so important to find a supported AEG.

FYI ALL M16/M4 Armalite style AEG have hard to adjust/stay adjusted hopup. It's a prob in design of the actual hopup unit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can feel the gun in my hands already...

My parents are going to drive me down to AEX to have a look-see on Saturday!

*giggles maniacly*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts