Gun Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought my 8 year old KSC Sig P230 back to life. After sitting in storage for years I was pleasantly surprised to see that everything still works as well as the day I bought it.

I'm just slightly curious about gassing up though; want to make sure I'm doing it properly. I hold the can upside down and insert the nozzle into the reservoir and apply 3 2 second jabs with 2 second pauses in between. The only thing that bothers me is that when I do this a lot of gas seems to be escaping from the can and going to waste. Is there a trick that I can employ to avoid this?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
usualy the mags base is at an angle. but the filler valve sits resessed and not at the same angle as the base of the mag

try to get the can perallel with the fill valve. even then gas allways escapes.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hold the can upside down, with the valve of the magazine paralell. (sp? I never get it right...) Hold the can all the way down for ~5 seconds. (Some people say just hold it until the gas starts spraying out, but to me, that doesn't seem like a great idea). If gas is escaping while you're filling it, it may be that you're not holding the can all the way down, or the can is bad, or the fill valve is bad, although sometimes, it just does that. (I don't know why, but one of my guns does...) If it's leaking after you fill it, that usually means that a seal is bad, unless it's a very slow leak, some mags do leak a little bit, but nothing is actually wrong with it. (Or so I've been told)

Note: If it's a very small mag, such as the ones for the Ruger Mk1, I'd say hold it about 2-3 seconds, if it's really big, hold it around 8 seconds or so.
Use your best judgement, really. ;) Also, make sure you're using the right kind of gas, some guns can only take the lower powered types of gas. (In order of power, more or less, from highest to lowest: Red Gas, Propane, HFC22 (aka, Green Gas), HFC134a (aka, Forane).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I think I've gotten the hang of it. some gas escapes during the second two jabs but I guess its unavoidable.

I may be overfilling the reservoir though because it spits out fuel for about 2 seconds. or it could just be old.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Whitford said:
so I think I've gotten the hang of it. some gas escapes during the second two jabs but I guess its unavoidable.

I may be overfilling the reservoir though because it spits out fuel for about 2 seconds. or it could just be old.
Well try not to "Jab" at the valve too much. If yo break the fill valve it ends up being cheaper to just buy a new mag. On a KSC you can't "overfill" When it starts spitting fuel out you're topped off.

Are you also waiting for your mags to warm up after filling?

This post talks about the importance of letting your mag warm up before firing: http://www.gunatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=522

1 - 5 of 5 Posts