Got the form 1 today
2 1/2 months, The ATF is moving quickly these day

Now off to get the AR lower engraved
and get a 7" upper
this bad boy is almost finished

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
oooooh... Thats what im doing to my M4 once I get out of the military.

Only 2 and a half months? 6 months is quick for the ATF.... Thats going to be awesome to have a short barrel, Im not sure why.... but I have a "thing" for short barreled rifles I like compact weapons that throw some lead.
Congratulations for taking on that paperwork.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Shit when I got my FFL it took over 7 months before I even heard back from the ATF

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Congrats!!

I gotta get on that after I get the RI CCW app done. It's almost as hard as a class III license I bet. :x

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe after i get my life straightened out and get out of college i can look into doing that MP5 i posted about in the OT back when. I was all sorts of diggin that MP5

·
Registered
231 Posts
Any time your dealing with the goverment expect it to take forever. And after i buy a house the next thing i wanna get is a machine gun so i'll have to wait for ever for that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Personally, I've been putting off the process myself for too long. I've decided that next month, when I'm back home in Wisco, I'm going to start the show on getting a suppressor for my USP Tactical. That's the whole reason I got the Tactical instead of the regular USP .45, I intended on getting a suppressor eventually. I'm done procrastinating, I've even found a class III dealer in my part of the state I can get it through, and he even has all the paperwork I need to pick up on hand. Now the only hard part is going to be waiting for the paperwork to clear. I've already talked to my city's Chief of Police when I was home for Christmas, and he said he'd sign off on it when I get the paperwork to him (after he and I went through the state lawbooks because hw thought I was bullshitting him about the whole thing at first).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts