Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever want a P90 but dont want to spend the 1-1.2k on one? Have an AR already? This may be for you. Coming out this year is an AR upper for 5.7x28mm that takes p90 mags and is top feed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh now that is super bad!

... Come to think of it, I :: do :: have an AR around here somewhere...

Filthy Rich :twisted:

[edited to add the devilish smily-face goodness, d'oh!]

·
Registered
219 Posts
WTF? Why would somone do this?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cause the round is better against armored target than teh 9mm conversion you buy. And well....cause people will buy it.

Its kind of like saying why have a 9mm version or a 7.62 version when the 5.56 is supposed to be better.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
This makes things interesting, especially for AR owners...
Adler do you have any links?

- Janq

·
Registered
406 Posts
I thought the only benefits of 5.7 over 5.56 was it's smaller size and less recoil for use in pistols and submachine guns. Plus it's rare and expensive, so why would you do this other than the wow factor of having something different?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ben said:
I thought the only benefits of 5.7 over 5.56 was it's smaller size and less recoil for use in pistols and submachine guns. Plus it's rare and expensive, so why would you do this other than the wow factor of having something different?

I think this is not so muc menat to replace the 5.56 nato AR guns but the 9mm conversions you see around.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got the FFL price list.

I can sell it for 425 plus 15 shipping. MSRP is 550.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I ever move from CA, that's my next upper. I'm not sure if I could deal with a 10rnd mag in that thing. It kinda ruins the whole point. I've been looking at this for awhile. That's a pretty good price too.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pretty much so that people can be trained on one platform instead of switching to and from an HK MP5 to an AR15.

I have even seen an AR converted to 50AE

·
Registered
219 Posts
ORCA said:
Plus they are 50 Round Mags in a nice low profile design.
Better rounds and a 50 round mag. Can hardly argue with those points.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Anyone see the price of the 5.7mm ammo? last I saw it was $30 bucks for 50 rounds, I dont think I could stand enptying 30 bucks with one mag.
Awesome upper, if the price of that ammo comes down... ALOT I will look at it, otherwise if im going to go small on my AR-15's I want that belt fed .22 rimfire upper they got.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ben said:
How do you figure 5.7x28mm is better than 5.56, or are you talking about the 9mm AR's?
Definately Not better than 5.56 and I am starting to think maybe not even better than 9mm.
I have decided that I still don't see any real benefits.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts