• Walther P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
well thats good to hear. I like the p22--when it was firing and not jamming, seemed like a good pocket gun, pointed very well, good weight..

The Combat trigger guard was kinda wierd to reach up to, but I think cause the grip was so small on p22. I just blasted it it one handed most of the time, thats how i like shooting---unless I am shooting over 25 yds.

·
Registered
91 Posts
if you are free on sunday did you want to go to a rang and shoot? i am looking for my first handgun also and need to go test fire some weapons. i am in the university area of charlotte. pm me on here or nasioc my sn is the same if you want to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just wanted to follow-up for anyone interested.

I'm definitely going with a new P99AS. After exhausting the research and renting out guns to try, I've found that the pricing for the P99 is excellent ($525-575), and the grip is just too amazing in my hands to pass up. It's small enough to be concealed, but not too small to be a true "compact." Range reports on it have been promising, with good reports of groupings. After talking to many other P99 owners, as well as firearm store owners, this is definitely the gun for me.

Now I just have to put in for my permit on my birthday next week (the 25th.) I hope to be shooting by the beginning of June!

Woooo!

In other news, my buddy (whom thought he was going for a Kimber or Springfield 1911), oddly enough fell in love with the Glock 21, and will be buying it as soon as his permit comes back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wooooo! My handgun permit came in today. I'm psyched. My first gun purchase is comin up.

Now I just have to drive an hour to my "home town" and pick it up...ugh.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
because I'm bored, and this is a slow moving forum, an update:

Just bought my P99AS 9mm (with two 15 rd mags) for just over $600. Should arrive here Tuesday! Pictures will be added then. WOOT.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
They are usually around 530-550 here but have been harder to find in the AS configuration lately. So taht may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a report.

I went through these boxes:

50x Magtech 115 FMJ
150x Winchester White Box 115 FMJ
50x Winchester White Box 147 JHP
50x CCI Blazer 115 FMJ
100x Remington 115 JHP

So about 400 rounds. The trigger did indeed get better and better as I went along. Groupings were decent, but we didn't have the best of a shooting position. Hill was slanted, with wind changing often. Not as accurate as I would have liked, but I'll be heading to the indoor range soon to really test the accuracy. It was definitely more my error than the gun. The trigger is definitely unique. The pull is fantastic. But best of all, the grip fit my hands perfectly. I am definitely impressed with this gun, and I hope in the future that I can pick up a QA as well as a .40SW P99AS. I am also very very curious about the SW99 in .45ACP. Too bad there is no way I can get another gun in the near future :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts