• Walther P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm sure that me and Janq will agree on this one. If you like the safety features on an XD (mainly the grip safety), go with a 1911 frame. They're slim as hell, IMHO perfect for a CCW (I'm 5'10" 170lbs, and when I used to live where I could carry, I could carry a full frame 1911 in a SOB holster without obvious printing) and they're easy to get used to shooting. I can also say that for your size, you could definately handle a .40 almost as easily as a 9mm, so don't settle for a 9mm on a carry gun.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Adler said:
Nothing wrong with a 9mm for carry....just get good ammo and it kills just fine. I like Corbon.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a 9mm. I'm just from the school of thought that, on a carry gun or any other defensive gun, you should go with the largest caliber you can handle. I'd also love to get my hands on a Tokarev (REALLY want a Makarov, though), but unfortunately I've never had the chance yet. That, and I've always been kind of a 1911 fan. I know I've said it before, but they fit my hands and shooting style better than any other handgun I've shot yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts