• Walther P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I like the P99, don't have extensive experience like I do with the XD, so I can't vouch for reliability or anything, but it def shot nice.

I do rave about the XD... Some will say the finish isn't the greatest, but I think thats just the early models, I got mine like 2 years ago and the finish is still great. Never had any sort of jam or hiccup. It shoots very accuratly and handles recoil nicely. It's a great pistol, there's no doubt about it.

You really can't go wrong with either... If the choice were mine, I'd get the P99 only because I already have an XD... Actually, I'd probably get the XD-45 since I have the XD-40 and I've been craving a new .45, and well, I like the XD.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Adler said:
Might I add that if you shop around the S&W 99 is a bit cheaper and just as reliable as the Walther...and it comes in 45acp.

My Big issue with the XD is a small one(well besides grip safety). The fact is that unlike the Glock or Steyr it is fully cocked. This just rubs me the wrong way as I am a paranoid and untrusting person. Should the internal safeties fail on the XD(big iff) the gun would have enough spring pressure to fire. Gaston Glock and Steyr were smart in this since their guns are about 75% cocked which on good ammo wont have sufficiant energy to fire a cartridge if the internal safety fails.

Shad if you think a 1911 is slim shoot a Tokarev pistol sometime. I have had 2 over teh years and its as thin or thinner than my little Walther pp
That is a good point Rob... However, I never keep a round chambered unless I'm ready to fire... Unless its my Glock 21, which is always locked and loaded on my nightstand as I sleep, but yeah, I don't use my XD for that.

As you all know, I'm a major glock whore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts