Gun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a battery powered pistol and I was just curious about a few things.

the only gun I own atm is a gas powered ksc sig p230. as much as I love this gun I'm kind of getting tired of having to gas up every three mags. plus I don't have any extras nor would I know where to even get them.

I plan on spending at least $200 because I will only settle for a gun that is a true to life replica and carries all the markings and logos of the actual firearm.

I'm basically looking for a recommendation and was also curious as to how many mags I'd get out of one charge? I'm also really into airsoft guns that weigh 'right', I.e. - as close to a fully loaded real handgun.. so do the batts weigh a lot?

thanks for any help/input!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
$200.00 bucks for an Electric Pistol??? Well hee's hwo electric pistols breack down:

There are 2 types of Battery Operated pistols:

MAEP - Mini Automatic Electric Pistol. .There are 2 made by Tokyo Marui right now. Both are select fire (Semi/full auto). They are models of the Glock 18c and the Berreta 93R. These are considered scaled down versions of AEG's (Automatic Electric Rifles) and use a special 7.2 volt battery pack. The are front/top heavy becuse the battery sits in the lower part of the front slide. Both of these are made by Tokyo Marui and depending on who you buy from they will have full trademarks. They wil lbe lighter then a real version or GBB though.

Please note these are supposed to only shoot .12 bb's. Also note the new Tokyo Marui MP7 is a larger version of the AEP.

Arnies Airsoft Reviewer [url said:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/143/sort/2/cat/20/page/1]The[/url] battery does around 10 mags (10X30=300 pellets) on semi auto and apparantly increasing to 500 if using auto. Full auto is more efficient than stopping and starting the motor all the time.
EBB - Eletric Blow Back. There's a bunch of these. Even the Higher End Tokyo Marui's should cost you less then $50.00. They use AA batteries and are very light and have a very toy like sound when firing and pushing the slide back.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
ive fires some EBB and there not worth the money IMHO. those TM's you where talkin about sound like they could be ok. ill have to head over to AEX and check one out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great info, thank you.

based on that it certainly seems that ill be happier with gas pistols. when I buy my next gun this coming week ill just have to be sure to get plenty of extra mags.

on that note, how long will a filled mag last unused? I'm guessing the gas leaks slowly..

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
depends on the gun and the environment you live in and the quality gun you have. I've had some of my gas guns sit for 6 months with gas in them and no leaks. I've enen had gas magazines, ship via airmail form Hong Kong with full loads of gas in them with no ill effect.

If you wanna just be safe, jusr bleed your gas from the mag before storage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ORCA said:
depends on the gun and the environment you live in and the quality gun you have. I've had some of my gas guns sit for 6 months with gas in them and no leaks. I've enen had gas magazines, ship via airmail form Hong Kong with full loads of gas in them with no ill effect.

If you wanna just be safe, jusr bleed your gas from the mag before storage.
How do I bleed the gas out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts