Gun Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wont go into details, but I'll just say that it has MANY uses to occupy one's bordem. :D

I never knew that safeway sold it.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I love dry ice... we tossed a whole brick in the pool durning a party once.

As for the more fun "Other" uses :) indeed it is fun.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
@da cat
i know what to search for

@Bobula
as long as you kids promise not to blow yourselves up, its magnesium and dry ice. cut a slab of DI in half. scrape out a small baseball sized crater in one half. put a some magnesium in there and light it with a torch. then cover it with the second half of DI and watch the magnesium oxide and carbon pore out of it.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where does one just happen to buy magnesium? I guess you can use those camping magnesium blocks, eh?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
brucelee said:
Where does one just happen to buy magnesium? I guess you can use those camping magnesium blocks, eh?

hell u can pick up mag from the damn recycler

or get bulk mag ingots

great fun for campin!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
you should be able to pick up granulated magnesium (like from the vid) anywhere that sells science supplies. i dont think its illigal or requires a license or anything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ooh I know how to make pure sodium! get salt and mix it exenly w/ water and then electrocute it. you should get a gas mask tho because the chlorine seperates and is dangerous. after the chlorine seperates you have pure sodium. use gloves and caution; the sodium will react w/ the oils on your skin.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I have about 5 old VW Engine blocks that are solid magnesium. You can shave parts of it off and they burn. Il have to do something fun with one of those same day.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
mikafor said:
ooh I know how to make pure sodium! get salt and mix it exenly w/ water and then electrocute it. you should get a gas mask tho because the chlorine seperates and is dangerous. after the chlorine seperates you have pure sodium. use gloves and caution; the sodium will react w/ the oils on your skin.
thing is, pure sodium reacts violently with water. so if you are extracting sodium into water you might have a problem....

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
I know how to make a dry ice shrapnel bomb but I wont go into how.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts