Gun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As reported today by the Sacramento Bee:

Doughnut shop owner shot while chasing off gunman

Bee Metro Staff

Published 12:00 am PDT Sunday, October 22, 2006
Story appeared in METRO section, Page B3

The owner of a north Sacramento County doughnut shop was shot and critically injured during a robbery attempt Saturday afternoon, police said.

The owner was in a back room of Donut Time in the 4400 block of Elkhorn Boulevard about 3:15 p.m. when he saw on a security monitor that a man was sticking up the front counter, said sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran. The owner grabbed his own gun and confronted the robber, who then ran out the door, police said.

As the owner chased the gunman onto the street, the robber turned and fired, hitting the owner in the upper torso, Curran said.

The victim's 11-year-old daughter -- one of three people in the shop -- called 911, Curran said.

Police do not know if anything was taken during the incident.

The article can be found at; http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/43655.html

- Janq

"You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold'em. Know when to walk away, and know when to [let'em] run." - The Gambler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Poor judgement on the owner's part. He should have called 911 from the back room :sigh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Makarov said:
Poor judgement on the owner's part. He should have called 911 from the back room :sigh:
Or not chased the guy into the street. I don't fault him for chasing him out of the store at gunpoint, especially if his daughter was potentially at risk. It's a gamble - do you call 911 and hope the guy just wants to take the money and run, or should you confront him because he may kill the witnesses?

I'd have probably chased him out, locked the shop and called 911 with a good description and whatever video I had.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed Fuzz.
Soon as the BG cleared the plane of the door there was no more real danger for the owner.

Close & lock the door, return to your family, hide in a secure area, and dial 911 to make a report and request for TeamAmerica to the mother funkin rescue.

- Janq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
Janq said:
Agreed Fuzz.
Soon as the BG cleared the plane of the door there was no more real danger for the owner.

Close & lock the door, return to your family, hide in a secure area, and dial 911 to make a report and request for TeamAmerica to the mother funkin rescue.

- Janq

+1


AMERICA FUCK YEA!!!!!!
 

·
Fanatical Feline
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
I was about to say Shoot the bastard as soon as you see him holding a gun at your workers... then I saw "Sacramento Bee" You dont want to defend your self there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
fatcat said:
I was about to say Shoot the bastard as soon as you see him holding a gun at your workers... then I saw "Sacramento Bee" You dont want to defend your self there...
HAHAHAHAHAHA so true it hurts..........
(i'm about 40 miles south of sac)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would one want to?
One would miss out on a swell peace vigil and lighted candle ceremony as well time for your loved ones & friends to express their sincerest feelings of love and gratitude toward oneself upon passing.

- Joseph I. & Janet B. Nycen-Djed
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top