Gun Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to start this out as I am a current and future customer of double tap ammunition. The original intent is in no way to hurt the reputation of Double Tap in any way. Nor am I paid by DT or compensated by them.

Thursday evening after a LONG day (0600 to 2430) I finally reached home sweet home. I have been waiting anxiously for my new ammunition delivery as I purchased a new10mm round I haven’t fired yet, some .40 cal to try out and a new high cap magazine for the 10mm. I pull up in my driveway to see a water soaked box that was left out in the open exposed our all day rain/thunderstorms. If that wasn’t bad enough the box was open and re-taped shut. I proceed to bring the box into my home and check for more damage. As I carefully opened the saturated box water began to spill all over my floor. The box worked beautifully as a nice BUCKET.

After cleanup I checked the package to make sure everything is intact. At first sight I see that one of the boxes of 10mm ammunition is open and spilled everywhere. I take that ammunition sort it, and place it in the appropriate boxes only to find that I am now short on ammunition! Upon further inspection the 10mm high cap magazine is missing! At this point I’m fed up. I immediately send an email to DT with pictures showing my expansive covered porch, where the box was left (3 paces from the porch), the damage to the packing, and the missing items. I haven’t heard from them yet but I think 48-72 hrs on business days is a fair wait time for a response and want to give them at least that.
At this point I am extremely upset and lucky for me UPS customer service is still open. I call and UPS tells me to box it up and send it all back to DT.

So, what would you guys do?

Where do you think my ammunition and high cap magazine are? Bouncing around on a UPS truck? In someone’s personal collection? At the lowest point of the warehouse?

I’ll keep you guys up to date as to what happens next. I’m expecting nothing but the best customer service that I have received from day one from DT, but only time will tell. I’ll report back one way or another.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
This is a shipping problem not the fault of or reflective toward Double Tap.

Your issue is with UPS and UPS maintains insurance against product shipments that get fucked up like this.
The ammo will be fine even if it had been submerged. It's just rain water.
As to the missing components and singular round that issue falls on UPS.

Many moons ago when I worked in and later managed a shipping and recieving room toward a parts dept. we would see this often be it via Fedex, UPS, G.O.D. and most every other shipping company. Even with other peoples and our own parts pickup and delivery people. It happens.
Also for the future when expecting delivery of products you can contact the shipper ahead of time and indicate a specific place for them to put your shipments if you are not home and/or to hold the shipment for you to stop by in person and pickup. I have been doing this for over a decade via UPS and FedEx toward shipment of packages as related to my work when I've had things and important documents shipped to my home offices past and present.

- Janq

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Janq said:
This is a shipping problem not the fault of or reflective toward Double Tap.

Your issue is with UPS and UPS maintains insurance against product shipments that get fucked up like this.
The ammo will be fine even if it had been submerged. It's just rain water.
As to the missing components and singular round that issue falls on UPS.

Many moons ago when I worked in and later managed a shipping and recieving room toward a parts dept. we would see this often be it via Fedex, UPS, G.O.D. and most every other shipping company. Even with other peoples and our own parts pickup and delivery people. It happens.
Also for the future when expecting delivery of products you can contact the shipper ahead of time and indicate a specific place for them to put your shipments if you are not home and/or to hold the shipment for you to stop by in person and pickup. I have been doing this for over a decade via UPS and FedEx toward shipment of packages as related to my work when I've had things and important documents shipped to my home offices past and present.

- Janq
I agree 100% Janq that it is a UPS problem. However, I was not 100% informed if DT would have recourse if I decided not to send the product back. At least that is how UPS presented it to me. I am not worried about the water damage. Though 2 boxes of the .40cal were gifts for friend. Guess he will just have to enjoy the rounds and not the box they came in. :mrgreen:

Missing product is a high cap magazine and multiple rounds.

As for shipping, I have made requests, complaints, talked to the delivery guy personally and nothing gets resolved. My driveway is just over 800ft long. I sometimes feel I am lucky if they bring it to the garage. I have found packages placed under a tree half way between the mail box, a neighbor, and my home. Delivery location when I call up the shipper is either bunk, or listed as porch. A tree somewhere on my property is not the porch. At first I thought it was "nature" or "kids" moving the boxes until I caught Fed Ex placing a package there ... we had a talk. It still goes on to this day.

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TITTYWOP for further explanation

Orange = my driveway
Blue Circle = My home
Red Circle = The tree(s) I often find packages delivered to. Just for scale, it is a good 20 yards off the driveway.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
I had UPS deliver my Walther P38 not to my FFL back in 2002, but to the guy who lives next door....well on his porch....in the rain. Luckily the gun was in a zip lock bag inside the box. Talk about a fuck up. I have also heard the ups man DRIVE OFF after taping a delivery attempt notice to my door without knocking or ringing the bell.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Adler I've had the same with UPS, the no knock/ring technique. ^^

I actually caught a guy recently trying to pull that trick and he claimed "I rang your doorbell but you must not have heard it". I'd then showed him how completely impossible that is by ringing my doorbell. Ours is loud as hell (the loudest I've ever heard!) like school recess bell loud. I can hear it all the way up on the fourth floor and even up on the roof deck with the access hatch closed, and the bell unit itself is hung on the wall on our first floor.... `10 from the front door.

I stopped using UPS years ago for my own shipping/outbound needs.
We use FedEx and DHL for work documents and USPS for personal related boxes and such.
All of the companies and both our postmen know that they are to drop packages in a specific place on my porch if no one answers which is shielded from the elements and relatively secure as well.
For an item like ammo I would call ahead and tell them to hold it and I'll pick that ish up directly.

BTW I sure wish someone would ship ammo to me in MA.
I miss that about VA. :(

- Janq

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
^^

my dogs HATE the UPS/FedEx/DHL guys/gals

it has something to do with the desiel trucks

anywho - i usually try and meet the guy BEFORE he gets to the door, if he actually gets the doorbell all hell will break loose - LOL

the UPS man is scared to death of the dogs, the FedEx guy doesnt show it so much, while DHL there is always a different driver it seems

i know - completely unrelated and off topic

now - our USPS folks suck something bad

never ever attempt - just leave a notice in the cluster box to "pick up" at the post office, which has terrible hours and seems to be the meca for every blue hair with a 1000 mile radius

when i need to go to the post office - i have to take the day off of work and plan on being in line for at least 2 hours

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Yeah I shipped guns USPS back in the FFL days. 15 bucks instead of 35+. I remember when someone on Gunbroker tried to send a Colt Python via DHL(who will not ship guns) and I had to drive to Des Moines to get it from their office as they refused to deliver it any further. I am just lucky that they got it within 2 hours of me beofre they found out otherwise it would have been shitty.

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The water soaked and re-taped up box.

My rather large covered porch.

The Box with the top open.

Loose ammunition.

Another picture of the box with 2 boxes of ammunition removed.

Missing ammunition.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Ug, what a terrible experience... sorry you had to go through it.

I don't use UPS anymore, nor will I ever if I have a choice. FedEx and USPS have yet to fail me. UPS on the other hand... Grrrrr....

And looking at those pictures makes me cringe. :( You have a case, thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Hey brucie.......remember when UPS charged you extra to deliver that shit to me cause I live in the boonies?

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Adler said:
Hey brucie.......remember when UPS charged you extra to deliver that shit to me cause I live in the boonies?

Yes!!! F' them... FedEx and USPS doesn't charge any weird fees like that.

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got off the phone with Mike. He apologized for UPS's ridiculous actions (even though he didn't have to) and related that the issue would be solved immediately. I couldn't have asked for more.

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KingPerformance said:
I just received everything in the mail today as promised.
Just wanted to add that Mike recieved less then 2 boxes of ammunition back. UPS opened the boxes AGAIN, and destroyed/stole as much as they could. He recieved 3 out of 6 sides of the box and LOTS of packing tape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts