Gun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The number one deal-breaker on buying a gun for me is the lack of neatness and legibility in the markings. The very first thing I check on a gun that interests me is the markings. If I don't like the markings, I tell the gun clerk to put the thing right back in the showcase or on the rack. From about 1980 or so, markings on firearms have progressively gone downhill. You might have to pay $2K+ for a new gun with nice markings. When putting letters and numbers on guns, this is where gun makers often skimp the most. It is these superb old-school markings that I miss the most on new guns.
Font Art Bumper Plant Metal

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed it too. I am surprised that someone besides me pays attention to this. Sometimes, when I like a weapon model, I buy it and give it to an engraving master. You know, it's not that expensive. Strangely, manufacturers save on this because minor details are usually the most important. So I usually buy weapons based on reviews from here https://ballachy.com/best-hellcat-holster/. It is essential for me that the product is of good quality and I do not suffer from its repair or return. I hope that despite the expansion of Chinese manufacturers, the quality of goods will not fall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.