Gun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In real world wolves don't chuck spears or throw knives at you from 15 yds. away they run/walk upon you Tueller drill style for a surprise attack win.

How do you LEO or CCW guys train for close combat via gun and sightless shot?

- Janq

· Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One would not have to see the dot on themselves, they only have to see the beam concentrated coming at them ala a flashlight.
Every 3rd grader now days knows what that means.

DY you present an interesting arguement for Crimson Trace whihc are spendy and otherwise I've not been a fan for.

Thanks,

- Janq

· Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn Yankee said:
Crimson Trace is one of the only ways to get laser on a Beretta, and I shot one with the CT grips. I was not impressed. Out of habit, when I'm off the trigger I use the disassembly button on the right side of the frame as a place to rest my finger (no pressure, just a reference point). As such, I completely block the laser with my finger.
Yeah I was not impressed with them either on the SW1911 PD I tested last fall that had them factory installed.
My ointing finger knuckle kept blocking the beam and I found the beam itslef to be distracting.
But as you pointed out the beam itself can be a deterrent so maybe it's not all bad. I hear the Lasermax recoil guide installed unit is fubar eating batteries big time. :(

- Janq

1 - 4 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.