Gun Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a digital vest from nashville airsoft(my local airsoft realator) and i now need to get some digital camo. help.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Have you tried your local surplus store? We have a few around here that carry digi camo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Berekeley Surplus

Assuming you're in the Bay Area, check out Berekeley Surplus on San Pablo, near Gilman. They have the woodland and desert variants of MARPAT (knockoffs, but faithful knockoffs), as well as ACU's. They also stock an urban variant of MARPAT, that, while not authorized or utilized by the USMC, looks badass and is effect for indoor or low-light games.

On the ACU front, they have Tru-Spec BDU's patterned in ACUPAT, as well as factory-second ACU tops and bottoms. The latter are held behind the counter - you have to ask for them for them, but the price is right and there are no appreciable quality problems the the pair I bought.

If you want get yours online, http://www.galls.com also has all of the above items.

Peace,
Hans

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dude, the Army's digital patern sucks balls. It's the most useless battle dress uniform we've worn yet (except for the pocket arrangement and lack of buttons, which you'd appreciate if you've ever worn real body armor). If you're going to go with a digital print, at least go with the USMC MARPAT uniforms. Those things work better than pretty much any uniform out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So, Shad, if you like the pocket arrangement and lack of buttons on the ACU, what is your beef with them?

Peace,
Hans

·
Registered
442 Posts
The cammo print is fucking useless, the fabric is too light and they fall apart in the field because of it, and the whole velcro pockets thing just pisses me off (noise discipline goes right out the window with that shit). I don't know if the civilian reproduction of them falls apart as easily as ours do, but the seams just come apart on them a LOT faster than our other uniforms.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I actually have a good pic of Army ACU in Iraq, I just have to find it. It's a pic with Ofices in the new ACU "ARPAT" next to some NCO in 3 color deset that have been in the desert for a few months at least. ACU stick out in the desert like a sore thumb color wise. Anyway, I spawned a new post re Camo patterns here:

http://www.gunatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=590

Maybe we can keep this thread open to help answer white boy's orig question :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Velcro

While I agree that the velcro pocket closures can be a PITA, I've heard it argued that if you're close enough to the enemy for them to hear it, the LAST thing one should be doing is digging around in one's pockets.

Mine aren't reproductions, they're factory seconds. My top has a cosmetic flaw in the weave of the fabric, but I can't figure out what stopped my trousers from passing QA. The fabric is EXTREMELY light, so I do anticipate durability issues with them.

Still, I wouldn't go so far as "usesless." And they do seem less chafe-inducing than BDU's.

Peace,
Hans

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: Velcro

Hans said:
While I agree that the velcro pocket closures can be a PITA, I've heard it argued that if you're close enough to the enemy for them to hear it, the LAST thing one should be doing is digging around in one's pockets.

Peace,
Hans
Ooh... 0wned!! :laugh:

Anyways... I just picked up some ACU's (TruSpec, I believe) for an airsoft game I'm going to tomorrow, so if anyone's interested, I'll let you know how they do. :) I picked them simply because the pattern seems like it's the most versatile for the terrain around here. And because it just plain looks cool. ;)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah, me too... except the closest surplus store didn't have the pants in the right size, so I had to go to another one to get matching pants... :roll: And they're bloody expensive!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dude

trust me man go with Woodland or Desert USMC MARPAT you cant go wrong and i love when people with ACU's ponder over why they are the first ones out and then they realize ohh wait its the fucking blue, grey, DARK grey, and white in the pattern of the uniform go MARPAT dude even the true-spec ones without the EGA on them work awesome, you cant go wrong with anything used by the big USMC!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Fortunately, this was only a year ago we were talking about this, so that's still relevant. :p

On a relevant note, I've determined that for airsofting purposes, ACU works quite well out here in the desert... I've had many comments that I couldn't even be seen, from 30 feet away or less... Against trained military personnel, maybe it's crap, but for airsofting it's great. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the vest i bought was marpat , i just never though to mention that...(way to go self) and i ended up selling the vest and buying tigerstripe b/c where i'm at ,deserts dont exist...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts