Gun Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this today. I ordered one for me and one for my dad. I got the XD 9 3" model and ordered him the S&W M&P 9 model which also fits a bunch of other similar sized guns.

I rarely ever tuck shirts in, but also wanted to keep the ability to do it. I also needed a new IWB holster for my XD.
I haven't worn it outside yet either... Probably conceal better with a proper dress shirt as opposed to a tight-ish fitting T shirt.

Its a heavy duty nylon but not too heavy that it doesn't flex. I think I'm gonna like this alot. I mainly use my XD in the summer time and carry my 92 in the winter.

M&P shown...

And these are probably the worst photos I've ever taken. :lol:

16 rd mag

10 rd spare. I pulled it out so you could see. :p

http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/browse.do?action=refresh_browse&ctg_id=121330

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
interesting -

how does it feel when walking with a fast gate or running?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It literally feels like its sewn onto my jeans. Extremely secure as in no movement at all. I've been wearing it all day around the house and I really like it so far. There aren't any sharp corners digging into me either.

·
2,829 Posts
Very nice! Have you tried it with different belts? I've found that a good sturdy belt makes a world of difference. For me at least, flimsy belt = uncomfortable carry.

·
2,988 Posts
Nose Nuggets said:
so, is the pressure that keeps it form moving between the holster and the pants? the lip that goes under the belt is what?
I'm confused as well. there's the obvious clip on the bottom, but where is the normal top clip to hold the thing to the belt. Its like they put the clip on the wrong side or something

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That lip on the clip that goes under the belt is really a redundancy measure. The clip goes over top your pants and is extremely tight. Its kind of a pain actually to slip it over the pants. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
ooooooohhhhhhhhh. yeah, dont want to pull the whole damn thing out on your draw. makes perfect sense now.
is there a plastic frame inside the nylon?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. But the nylon body is seemingly 3 layers thick. There is 1 layer of nylon on the outside, what seems like some kind of padding, then 1 layer of nylon on the inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts