Gun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So am I the only one here who does this? lol

People look at me like I'm crazy. I lay down the pistol. Take two steps back. Aquire my target, step up to the pistol as quickly as possible, take aim and fire two rounds to neutralize the "threat". I then rinse, and repeat.

Sure, my groupings aren't as great as Joe over there, but he's standing still and shooting at a target in an unrealistic situation. Shouldnt I be looking at him strangly rather than him looking at me strangly?

·
Registered
300 Posts
What range to you go to? My local range told my i can't draw a loaded gun from a holster on a firing line anymore............... wtf?

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Bobula said:
What range to you go to? My local range told my i can't draw a loaded gun from a holster on a firing line anymore............... wtf?
He said he lays down the pistol, as in on a table.
Lots of ranges don't allow holster work anymore for reasons of liability and insurance in regard to potential NDs.

Bruce i do the same thing and see lots of people do this.

- Janq

·
Registered
8 Posts
brucelee said:
So am I the only one here who does this? lol

People look at me like I'm crazy. I lay down the pistol. Take two steps back. Aquire my target, step up to the pistol as quickly as possible, take aim and fire two rounds to neutralize the "threat". I then rinse, and repeat.

Sure, my groupings aren't as great as Joe over there, but he's standing still and shooting at a target in an unrealistic situation. Shouldnt I be looking at him strangly rather than him looking at me strangly?
Yeah, I get that too.

I also get the funny looks when I'll do one magazine with just my right hand, and then one magazine with just my left.

It's amazing how many people only shoot slowly, with both hands, taking long deep breathes inbetween each shot...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I do the same thing to. You have to practice that way for self defense especially if you carry. Your gun will most likely not be in your hand pointing at your threat when you need it. Since alot of the people at the range i go to carry this is kinda common there. Or sometimes i just point the gun down bring it up to the target and fire 2 rounds repeat point and shoot. Some people just don't practice with as close to real world conditions as possible and that may get them killed someday.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Don't forget, a lot of people shoot just because it's fun to shoot. :)

My range doesn't allow anything fun either unless it's a pin or steel match or something, and even then I don't think they let you draw from a holster.

I save all my SD antics for the local shootin pit. That way I can set up random or multiple targets, shoot from around cover (the truck), Start with hands up, turn and draw and shoot as soon as I clear leather, etc.

It would be much more fun with a partner, because one person could set up a target without the other person knowing where it was or how many targets there would be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They look at you like you are crazy because they are concerned for their safety err life. Either that they just suddenly realized something important such as they forgot to turn off the gas stove.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bobula said:
find a relative who is the RANGE MASTER for the PD he works for and you can shoot at their "company" range...

nothing like getting trained to shoot at low light to NO light conditions.

plus, sometimes he shares his pile of company ammo too... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts