Gun Forums banner

CZ-52 or tokarev

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  fatcat 
#1 ·
I want a truck handgungun something in 7.62X25, I now have a new found love this round and have a place to get some... Special ammo for it.

Anyone ever deal with the CZ-52 or Tokarev or any other low cost weapon in this round?

I know there big ass, ugly as hell and heavy as a brick, but man its like a cannon at the range!

#2 ·
I love the tokarev, it like a 1911 inside, with a mauser trigger. The CZ-52 is not the choice, they arent as strong.

From the net "Clark" also blew up 2-3 cz52's with loads that his toks ate up. He says the brl is to thin around the chamber of the cz52. He even converts Toks to fire 9x23, thats like .357 mag.

Tok all the way, the feel better in the hand, are better made, look better....no comparison.

#4 ·
The weakness in the Tok is the swinging link. The CZ52 is technically stronger if the metal is good. They used to convert them to 9mm all the time. Id like to see a 38 super one.

#8 ·
My Tok is chinese 9mm, its accurate, really accurate, has a really thick brl. I let my brother use it for home defense. I trust it enough to give to a family member for protection of a family! Its a warhorse.

The trigger pack just slides out so it makes cleaning up the frame good, really easy.

Its a 100 year old design, but Zastiva makes new models in 9 and 7.62 that look very cool. Not sure if they r for sale here yet. http://www.zastava-arms.co.yu/english/civilni.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.