Gun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I've been looking to upgrade a few aspects of my TM M4A1. I've been browsing ZEX a bit and saw a few thing, just wanted to know if the following items are compatiable with the TM M4.

Metal Body Kit;
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=407_441&products_id=2272

R.I.S. System;
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store...roduct_info&cPath=407_420_425&products_id=742

New Barrel;
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store...oduct_info&cPath=443_468_473&products_id=2148

Internal Upgrade;
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=481_489&products_id=2092

I have no intention of buying these all at once, the price is a bit too steep, but I plan on buying them one by one over the next few months. Also, I've been looking for R.I.S. rail that could go over the rail where the M4 handgaurd is. I've been trying to mount my scope on it, but I need to raise the rail about a 1/4" to 1/2".

Thanks,
~Kyu

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Hmm. I hate to sound like a broken record, but asking AEX would be the best bet. They actually will give you real sound advice from

Kyu said:
Hello, I've been looking to upgrade a few aspects of my TM M4A1. I've been browsing ZEX a bit and saw a few thing, just wanted to know if the following items are compatiable with the TM M4.

Metal Body Kit;
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=407_441&products_id=2272
Do you have the orig TM M4A1 or the New Version? You may not NEED to upgrader the body per se. Unless you want an all metal body. Guarder makes good metal bodies but their hopup units aren't the highest performance since they are plastic not metal.

Kyu said:
This is a good RIS since it lets you still have a battery internally. Eventhough it's only a mini battery, you can get the Intellect 8.4, 1400MaH mini's. If you upgrade to 450fps though, you'll have to look at other battery options.

Kyu said:
You can wait on the tightbore barrel. It just makes you have to become more picky on BB's. There's arguments on both end if a tightbore really makes a difference. You can always get 1 later. Best time is after you upgrade your fps and decide on what bb weight you prefer to use.

Kyu said:
Do you need a 450fps upgrade? In SoCal our games limits for AEG's are 400 and below. You may want to double check on your fps limits if you plan to play with other people. You'll also need to rig it to run a much larger battery, which means external battery bags, full stocks, readymag, PEQ's or crane stocks.

Kyu said:
Also, I've been looking for R.I.S. rail that could go over the rail where the M4 handgaurd is. I've been trying to mount my scope on it, but I need to raise the rail about a 1/4" to 1/2".
Here's a standard M4 riser rail: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=549

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the orig TM M4A1 or the New Version? You may not NEED to upgrader the body per se. Unless you want an all metal body. Guarder makes good metal bodies but their hopup units aren't the highest performance since they are plastic not metal.

I'm just looking for a nice Metal Body, hopefully with some nice Trademarks.

This is a good RIS since it lets you still have a battery internally. Eventhough it's only a mini battery, you can get the Intellect 8.4, 1400MaH mini's. If you upgrade to 450fps though, you'll have to look at other battery options.

I do have the Intellect 8.4, but upgrading to a higher power battery will probably be a pain to install. I'll probably figure something out.

Do you need a 450fps upgrade? In SoCal our games limits for AEG's are 400 and below. You may want to double check on your fps limits if you plan to play with other people. You'll also need to rig it to run a much larger battery, which means external battery bags, full stocks, readymag, PEQ's or crane stocks.

Heh, of course I need a 450 fps upgrade, here in jersey there are no Airsoft fields. A band of about 25-30 guys and myself airsoft in my friend's field. So it's definitly a power struggle between us, and I want the person I'm shooting at to know whos shooting them ;)

~Kyu

EDIT: I suck at quoting

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Kyu said:
I'm just looking for a nice Metal Body, hopefully with some nice Trademarks.
Ok there's a bunch o fhigh quality ones out there. Most cases you'll need to switch out the hopup unit too.

Kyu said:
I do have the Intellect 8.4, but upgrading to a higher power battery will probably be a pain to install. I'll probably figure something out.
Yeah, on my M4 R.I.S. I first went to the Readymag system, Larger PEQ box, Battery Bag on Stock and I finally settled on the Star Crane stock with 9.6 3000MaH battery. Yeah no fun rewiring yrou battery to the rear, but Systema and CA make wiring harnesses just for this mod. But 450fps you'll def want to be at least 9.6

Kyu said:
Heh, of course I need a 450 fps upgrade, here in jersey there are no Airsoft fields. A band of about 25-30 guys and myself airsoft in my friend's field. So it's definitly a power struggle between us, and I want the person I'm shooting at to know whos shooting them ;)
Of course! Gotta head back to mind reading class... LOL. Just be prepared when you upgrade your FPS that high, your durability kinda decreases.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've got a much simpler soloution (sp?) than any of the above (since velocity doesn't seem to be an issue here)... Get a KWC CO2 Sigma .40F as your primary weapon, and then if you still have money, get a KJW M700 as your backup, for those "I can see him, but I can't quite hit him from here" moments.

There, you're done... No worrying about "will this upgrade fit?" or "will this battery power this upgrade?". (In case you're wondering, the Sigma will give you about 450-ish FPS on a "warm" (about 90 F) night, and the M700 using Forane (134A) will get you about the same on a semi-cool afternoon. Using Green Gas in the M700 will get you in the range of 550 or so, while propane gets you in the range of 650. (If I remember correctly)

And in case anyone would like to know, using propane with an upgraded striker spring and who knows what else (wasn't my gun) will get you around 700, if I remember correctly. Yeah, that's gotta hurt...

Irrelevant to your question? Most likely.

Solve your problems of wanting your "friends" to know who hit them? Most definately.

Solve the durability issues you have with upgraded AEGs? Yes. I have yet to have a problem with either of the mentioned guns (not counting the cracked trigger on the one Sigma), and I've been using them for quite a while.

And as a side benefit, the sigma will run you about as much as the metal body for the M4. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scirion said:
I've got a much simpler soloution (sp?) than any of the above (since velocity doesn't seem to be an issue here)... Get a KWC CO2 Sigma .40F as your primary weapon, and then if you still have money, get a KJW M700 as your backup, for those "I can see him, but I can't quite hit him from here" moments.

There, you're done... No worrying about "will this upgrade fit?" or "will this battery power this upgrade?". (In case you're wondering, the Sigma will give you about 450-ish FPS on a "warm" (about 90 F) night, and the M700 using Forane (134A) will get you about the same on a semi-cool afternoon. Using Green Gas in the M700 will get you in the range of 550 or so, while propane gets you in the range of 650. (If I remember correctly)

And in case anyone would like to know, using propane with an upgraded striker spring and who knows what else (wasn't my gun) will get you around 700, if I remember correctly. Yeah, that's gotta hurt...

Irrelevant to your question? Most likely.

Solve your problems of wanting your "friends" to know who hit them? Most definately.

Solve the durability issues you have with upgraded AEGs? Yes. I have yet to have a problem with either of the mentioned guns (not counting the cracked trigger on the one Sigma), and I've been using them for quite a while.

And as a side benefit, the sigma will run you about as much as the metal body for the M4. ;)
I've had bad experiances with gas airsoft guns, they just die for some reason. I spent $180 about four years or so ago, and after one clip the gun just died. I also had a Beretta, I Think it may have been KJW, but when I fired it the slide flew off... :|

EDIT: Although That sigma is pretty sexy looking :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts