Gun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nice gas-powered alternative to an AEG, and have come across both the KJW MK1 Carbine

and the HFC M712 Carbine

Can anyone direct me towards some reviews for these rifles, or give me their own opinions/reviews? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The KJW MK1 Carbine is a non blowback gas pistol with extended barrel adn stock. Shoots really hard.. Reports of 4-500fps with .20's The word on these are KJW's typical average craftsmanship and lack of decent hopup effect performance. Good for the money though. Since NBB adn very littel movign parts it shouldn't break as fast as a KJW GBB. Reviews all over the place.

The HFC M712 Carbine is the longer version of the M712, which a good friend of mine did a review on here:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/254/sort/2/cat/all/page/1
It broke shortly after the review though.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Nope these I have not. The MK1 is not carried at AEX. And the M712 pistol that is carried at AEX is the Marushin (The more expensive, not green gas capable Japanese Brand), but that 1 really only appeals to the WWI/WWII collectors out there for its' appearence over performance.

LOL not ignorant at all. It's better you ask questions and do your research now then find out by having a doorstop.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ok, I owned the KJW Mk1 Carbine for quite some time, although I sold it a while back. First off, although I never actually chrono'd it (no chrono to do so with), I'd guess that with using Green gas and .20's, it was probably pushing closer to 550-600 fps. On that subject, whatever you do, do NOT use cheap BB's in it, use something high quality, like Excel's. The reason has nothing to do with accuracy or anything like that, it has to do with SAFETY. Yes, you read that right, safety. You see, I loaned the gun to a friend for a game out in the woods a few months back, (using cheap BB's) and as far as we could understand, the BB shattered inside the barrel, which turned the BB into 500+ fps shrapnel. Not good when someone's only wearing goggles. The target ended up having to have pieces of BB removed from his chin. (Needless to say, seeing as how that was his first time airsofting, I don't think he'll be going again)

Other than that "minor" detail, it was an amazing gun. I really loved using it, other than one minor issue. The trigger pull is incredibly long. When I first bought it, I thought it was broken or something, because I kept pulling the trigger and nothing happened. Then I realize I wasn't pulling far enough. :lol:

One other thing that I'm not sure if it exists on all of these guns, or maybe it was just mine or something, but frequently, the mags are a very tight fit, as in sometimes you may need a flathead screwdriver or similar object to remove it. (Not very convenient for "tactical reloads")

As a plus though, it's very high on the power to price ratio. :D

And in case you're wondering why I sold it, since I liked it: It was decided by all that the gun was banned from all future games we played, due to the fact that it could be a safety hazard, even more so than our CO2 Sigma's or KJW M700. (With the Sigma shooting around 460, the M700 shooting around 500 on Green with .20's)

As far as actual performance goes though, it was an extremly accurate gun, which was surprising since it either has no hop-up at all, or a fixed hop-up, rate of fire was average, considering it's semi-auto with a super-long trigger pull. I think velocity has been described well enough. :) I didn't really see any issues with build quality, partly because there's not a whole lot of gun there... By far the best KJW gun I've personally owned. My brother's M700 is a close second. Everything else pretty much sucked like a good vacuum cleaner. (<My patented phrase of the day)

And no, I haven't owned that other gun you mentioned, so I can't say anything about it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts