Gun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Love Classic Army, just wish they'd make an M16 that didn't require me to buy extra shit to make it look like an A4. :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can, but you'd have to buy a rail system to replace the handguards, or, if you bought the SPC one, you'd have to get a carrying handle. No big deal, I just don't want to spend extra.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The older M15's body rail was 2-3mm higher then the RIS foregrips. This caused problems then trying to add CASV or SIR free float rail systems which relied on the bodies upper rail to be a certain height. It was just recently fix on on the M15 RIS's. Other free float rail systems like Troy or Larue whch attach to the barrel nut style will fit on the older M15, but the body rail height would be higher, this causing some cosmetic problems adn function problems if you needed somethign to cover both froegip adn body rails.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
yeah, my handle/sight assembly is on a picatinny type rail on top of the reciver.

your saying the new RIS type rifle only has that rail on the forward grip?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well what I'm saying is that rail on yours is a few mm's higher then it should be. You cannot use a CASV or SIR type rail on the older CA's.. You can adda free float tyep fo foregrip rail, but yrou body rail will be a few mm's hihger then the foregrip rail.

This upper rail being too high problem was only recently fixed on the latest version of M15A4 RIS series.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts