Gun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin' at getting a CA SAR Offizier M41 FS, I'v done research trying to find the pros/cons of this gun and was not able to find any reviews are vary helpful details.

so if any of you have one mind letting me know if thares any magor flaws n' stuff like that. and how heivy it is.... want to be able to run with it.

and yes I know its not the gun its the person behind it that makes it a good gun

thanks,
-l7amian

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
It's a good gun. I would say the New Marui G3's like the G3SAS is a more refined G3 quality wise the the CA SAR, but a good gun none the less.

It will be heavier then a TM MC-51 due to the metal body and included R.I.S.

It weighs 2900 grams (from CA's website) 6.3 lbs. so about 8lbs with battery.

My 2002 vintage G3 Neo Shorty (TM Mc51 + Full Stock + R.I.S foregrip + 400fps internal upgrade), which the FS41 was based on, weighs a hefty 9.2 lbs and cost approx $550.00 to build in the state it's now in (no metal body)

So for the U.S. street price of $335.00 it's a good buy. If you're worried about CA internals, TM or 3rd part internal upgrade parts (Systema, Laylax, Promtheus, etc) will work in this model. 1 thing with CA's is I'm personally not a big fan of highcap magazines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does CA have a known problem with internals? cuz thay seem to have better FPS then TMs

can I ask why is it that you dont like the high caps, cuz I liked the CA SAR M41 cuz of the high rounds it holds so I'd beable to use ammo at a libarale rate

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
In the games I play the Highcap guys are usually picked last LOL. They make alot of raquet running around and you never want them in your group. But it all depends on who you play with.

Yes the higher fps of CA, G&G and G&P AEGS are a result of those mfg's installing higher tension springs in their stock AEG's. They don't neccesarily install upgraded quality parts on related internals, such as gearbox shell, gears, tappet plates, etc. So the hihger tension springs tend to wear other internal parts down faster then a stock TM.

Higher FPS has no relation to reliability. In alot of cases higher fps = less reliabilty unless related internal parts are upgraded accordingly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm... yeah I geuss that makes alot of sence... if thay do make alot of noise

well I'm looking at saving up some $$ to buy a good quality AEG instead of buying low end stuff and slowly working my way up spending lots of cash on the way..

I was first thinkin' of going sniper but after lots of though and research I figured that pritty impracticle, and I dont want to sit on my ass 2/3 of the game waiting.. so I'v desided with going with somthing I can run/jump with and be hopfuly pritty short barrle so it doesn't get stuck on anything, while not losing accericy. I want my cake and to eat it too...

think i'll take a better look at the TMs though if thay are indeed better quality

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Are you near an Airsoft Extreme store http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=6? Just pay them a visit, you can judge the quality yourself. They'll let you fondle and fire whatever they have in stock. And the techs in store will let you know what guns they've been seeing come back to the store.

In this specifc case though the CA SAR is a good gun as I first stated. To get a TM gun to the state the CA SAR is in will cost you at least double. One of the AEX owners dumped about $1200.00 to get an MC-51 to have some of the stuff the SAR has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes I am... aprox. 20mins.. think I'll take a drive on down somtime and bug them for abit ^_^

mmk thanks alot you all knowing unknown person you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts