1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so i fanlly got up to AEX Los Angeles store yesterday. I checked out and fired the Classic Army AUG A1.

If you are a fan of the Australian Army or the Korean movie Shiri and you just must get an AUG Military, this is pretty much you only shot getting it new, since Tokyo Marui discontinued manufacturing the AUG A1.

From other reports you may have seen on other airsoft sites, yes, it has the real Steyr Manlicher trademark, and the build is decent. Definitely on par with other Classic Army releases.

Now for problems I experienced first hand. The folding vertical fore grip will not lock at the 45 degree angle. This really isn't a big deal, just points too build quality. Out of the box the gun shot 310-320 fps with .20 bbs, but a big prob I saw were the bbs were traveling up and to slightly to the right. I'm sure if I had time to clean the inner barrel and adjust the hopup I could have fixed this, but I really was only there to check it out. The select fire trigger system works like it should. Switching from semi to full auto felt a bit "spongy". The optics were decent. The magnified scope was much better then the previous CA G36K scopes, but it still seems this would be a problem is you had to wear a full face mask as far as eye relief is concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda. One of the companies I own builds AEX's website. But in most cases when I review or report on stuff it probably came from other sources.

Any info I pass on directly from the store is just for your guys benefit. If it helps AEX great, they're a good crew and work hard for peoples business.

OK back on topic!!!

P.S. I ended up not getting the AUG like I orignally was planning mainly due to the CA quality probs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts